Sunday, April 28, 2024

A Stroll In An Autumn Garden♡






Hello lovely lovelies♡ Well, this week hurried by. I cannot believe 'tis Sunday morning again. Can you??!!

The highlight of my week was to visit, with Pete and our lovely friend, Trish,  Emu Valley Rhododendron Garden, where autumn in all its glory was on display.  Upon arrival we enjoyed scones and tea and as we relaxed in the warm sunshine we looked down upon the  sheltered, natural ampitheatre of over 24,000 rhododendrons and companion plants that performed before us.   A festival of towering trees with foliage aglow with yellows and oranges, russets and scarlets.  Autumn has dipped her paintbrush into her palette of burnished hues,  dabbing broad brushstrokes onto a canvas unlike any other I had ever seen. The theatre of the colours, shapes and textures before me was truly a vision splendid!

We spent a  pleasant couple of hours meandering along the winding garden paths where around each bend, glorious autumnal surprises waited to delight us; to take our breath away. Each bend in the path revealed yet another stunning vignette. As we walked, lovely landscaping including lakes, dry stone walls, waterfalls, gazebos, several bridges were seen...........all adding visual interest to the gardens. The lakes were magical mirrors with reflections of the trees  dancing upon the small ripples. Just stunning. As I strolled along I savored autumn's shimmering light dancing on the coloured leaves. Dotted here and there were seats for one to sit, to ponder, to reflect......to take time to drink in the beauty. I imagine in a few weeks time most of the leaves will have been swept from the trees by blustery winds, falling to the ground forming brilliant, mosaic-coloured carpets everywhere. I can only imagine the beauty of these gardens in the winter when the trees have taken on a bare and skeletal, sculptural quality. Naked, exposed; but nevertheless beautiful. It is a garden which would be breathtaking in every season. We shall return in spring when the thousands of rhododendrons and azaleas are dancing in all their floralicious colours. Mmm.....how many days, weeks, months....till it is spring?? The thought did cross my mind.......that this garden is the perfect setting for a photo shoot. =)































Not a lot of creativity happened this week. I finished crocheting my blue cardie and I must say I rather love it. The sleeves are plain with a couple of rows of the different blues of the granny squares at the hem. Finished in the nick of time as all of a sudden the days have become quite chilly. This is my third crochet pretty since I learnt this new skill at the end of last year.....and it certainly won't be my last.

I've started a new quilt.  A new quilt?? Yes, a new quilt. I saw on Pinterest improv quilts fashioned by Australian quilter Chris Jurd with a vintage embroidered tablecloth as the centre panel. Such a fun idea and as there is a dowry of embroidered vintage pretties sitting in my armoire waiting to be fashioned into another life, I thought  why ever not. Besides, it's been an age since I incorporated my vintage pretties into a quilt, together with EPP shapes....hexies....pentagons....and appliqued flowers dancing around the embroideries.












'Tis very early morning here. I'm just about to embark upon a day of travelling along winding country roads, through gorgeous rainforests and glorious countryside donning autumnal hues. Travelling 'Preacher Man' and my 'good' self are going to visit several churches and catch up with lovely folk. 'Tis a long day but it's always a pleasure to catch up with people and chat the day away. It's about a 400km round trip and we always arrive home very late in the afternoon. 'Tis always an exhausting day but a fun one. I will do a little stitching of my improv pretty later this evening for Slow Sunday Stitching.......that is of course if I don't nodd off. =) I must be off. Have a lovely day, lovely lovelies. May you enjoy many moments of love, kindness and beauty♡ 

Until the next time.................



30 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous Autumn loveliness in your photos, you certainly captured the essence of the season. So nice to see photos of you wearing your crochet jacket, your friend and hubby. and look, your pretty blue one is completed and ready to wear. I'm looking forward to seeing your tablecloth quilt evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool climate gardens are simply stunning in their autumn finery. Your crochets card is are fabulous. Excited to see your new quilt project. What an interesting idea to use a tablecloth and such a pretty one at that. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, the Tassie climate certainly puts on quite the show in autumn There are glorious burnished hues everywhere. Yes, it will be interesting where this vintage tablecloth morphs into a quilt. I will just have fun playing with it. Kim Xx

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place to take a walk on a sunny fall day! The reflection photos are gorgeous and it was the perfect day to wear your new sweater. The blue one is lovely too. Safe travels to you! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. The autumn foliage is lovely but I'm so glad we're coming into spring season! Your blue sweater is so cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt(s) you make from tablecloths. I have a few here that I would like to turn into quilts somehow but I just don't have any ideas. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Kim . Aaah I am so grateful that you took us along with you on the stroll through the beautiful gardens. It looks quite magical. Mother Nature has put on a great show of autumnal colors. Such a lovely photos of you, Pete and Trish. It sounds like your day was a delightful one. Warm Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning gardens Kim and such beautiful photographs. Reminds me very much of the gardens at Stourhead which are also stunning in autumn.. Great finish on your cardi - I have been browsing crochet cardi patterns recently.... Your new pretty is going to be gorgeous I can tell, have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures Kim !
    Fall has a fabulous palette of colors. Mother Nature is the painter !
    Fall and Spring are my favorite season.
    Lovely couple too ;)
    Beautiful cardi !
    Have a shinny week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kim, thank you for taking us with on a journey through a beautiful world of art and colour. Someone used the landscape as a canvas to create a unique piece with plants, leaves and foliage. It is done with so much attention to detail, a bit of tweaking here and there. All the while it burst forth each season to present a palette of new colours and vibrant themes to entertain the eye as far as we can see. Then the smell fresh in spring and woodsy in the fall, the senses is presented with another new painting of each season. This artwork has been created for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Maggie, it was my pleasure to share my autumnal world with you. The garden designers, landscapers and all the volunteers who lovingly tend this amazing garden do so, I imagine, with a heart filled with love of all things gardens. I've been walking upon this earth for a very long time and I have never strolled through an autumnal garden such as this one. The detail, the colour palettes..... everywhere one looks is breathtaking. I will return in springtime and show you a happy snap or two of the palette of the garden in spring, shall I?? =) I can only imagine the beauty of this garden when Lady Spring paints her spring canvas. Kim Xx

      Delete
  9. so nice to see photos of you wearing your cardi now I can picture you and your cardi better. Fall down under and it is very pretty - I always love fall with the colorful trees - such a beauty in it's own right. Hope you enjoyed your traveling Sunday visiting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous autumn photos. Your cardies are so lovely. Crochet items for summer are very big here in Canada this season. I just may have to break out my crochet hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! A beautiful garden for meandering on a pretty autumn day. Obviously, it is quite large. A treat to to be there and have a cup of tea. Don't you look smart in your cardi. Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The autumn colours are gorgeous. Of course here in the U.K. The azaleas and rhododendrons are in full flower! Nice pictures of you and Pete and have a lovely day catching up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful reflection pictures you've captured !! That blue cardigan is so pretty--great color!! Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful day to be out. It's interesting how the very very early spring colors on the trees are similar to fall: red, red and orange buds that haven't quite grown big enough to turn green. It's a pretty cardigan - and I look forward to your next quilting project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful place you visited, Kim - it looks like it was a lovely day! Your sweater is really pretty - looks comfy and cozy, too. Hope you've had a nice Sunday visiting with people and some time for a little slow stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those jackets are adorable. It is amazing how you can be having fall and we are just in springtime. I loved all your photos and always enjoy seeing all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Magnífico reportaje otoñal, he de decir que todos esos tonos de los bosques en otoño me encantan, aquí donde vivo tengo cerca Los Pirineos a unos 150 km. y cuando voy es un sueño......
    Ya veo que estás enganchadísima a hacer cuadraditos de la abuela, es una labor encantadora y tu preciosa chaqueta luce espléndida. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely post, Kim! The autumn colors and your photos are amazing! Thankfully we won't see fall for awhile in my part of the world. I am ready for spring.
    Your crocheted jacket looks so cozy and warm. I love blue!
    Your vintage project will be absolutely a treasure! I will enjoy watching it continue to progress!! I love the idea of repurposing those treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kim
    Amazing photos. Such beautiful colours.
    Your cardigans look great.
    Your new quilt looks intriguing.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Best wishes Kay cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Kay, for your beautiful words. Make sure you have a great week, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  20. All I could think, whilst looking at your beautiful autumn photos Kim .. was how wonderful that Garden would look in the spring, with all those trees flowering away. Though it is spectacular now in its autumn glory.
    Lovely to see you wearing one of your granny square cardies. Us Grannies sure know how to rock a good old cardy. I am looking forward to seeing your new quilt come to life. Have a lovely week dear Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Maristella. Kim Xx

      Delete
  22. You are a gifted writer. I so enjoyed your descriptions that filled my mind with the shades and colors of autumn.... and then your photos were even more fantastic than the words. How glorious! And I loved your crocheted sweaters both the new blue and the one you were wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very kind you are to bless my day with your beautiful visit and words....thank you so much. KimXx

      Delete
  23. It takes me by surprise when you say Autumn, as we are just pulling into Spring here! (Sorry to be so self-centered!!!) Such beautiful scenes!!! What are the things dangling down in your 3rd photo, I wonder? Ohhh, I do adore both of your granny square cardigans!!! They look very modern and chic! Looking forward to more about the quilt, as you progress!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fall always strikes me as a gift of color before we have to suffer the browns, blacks and whites of winter. Your sweater turned out beautifully and your new improve project looks like fun. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Autumn pictures and I do love all the pretty reflections in the water you got, they are always my favorites :) You look great in your crochet cardigan, I do love the blues too! The new quilt you will be working on sounds very pretty and it does look like you have plenty to pick from to make it :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete