Sunday, May 7, 2023

Some Exciting News♡




Hello lovely lovelies♡ Here I am again at my happy, little place, this sunny but chilly Sunday afternoon. If one can sit in a sunny nook (and I did), or sit in front of a cosy fire (and I am), to escape the chilly breeze then one is warm and content. I must say though, even if it is a wee bit chilly here today, the sunshine has lit the sky in the prettiest of blues casting  sunbeams here, there and everywhere.  May I ask.....how are all you lovely lovelies?? I hope you are dancing through your day. I am♡

My daughter and son-in-law visited for a bit. We all had the best time. It was both my Pete's, and my son-in-law's birthdays, so we all celebrated. I cooked and cooked; and cleaned and cleaned (after all one has to go the nth degree to dust out all those cobwebs). Gosh, spiders love to hang out in my humble abode. The Daddy Long Legs love it here. Even more so, now 'tis chilly and the open fire is blazing away. It amazes me how I swoosh all those cobwebs away and the very next day the arachnidian, gossamery, silken threads are loop-de-looping again, dangling from whatever surface is found. I have become accustomed to the amazing workmanship of critters from the arachnid family. I could watch the artistry of spiders spinning their delicate web for ages, but when visitors come we really cannot have spiders weaving their intricate handiwork all over our guests while they sleep..... smothering them; now can we??

I have some news! Such exciting news!! I am going to be a Granny. And, my Pete is going to be a Pop! How marvellously fabulous. The wee little poppet should be arriving sometime in Spring. So, so very excited! 

So, what is a granny to do but to begin the begin of the plotting, and fashioning of sweet little pretties. So many pretties to imagine, design, knit and stitch. So, so many fanciful imaginations colliding around my muddly head. Where to begin??

A quilt for a cot is always a fabulous idea. My daughter took a fancy to some Jocelyn Proust fabrics in my stash, so these are what I am using. I purchased these fabrics for a baby quilt I fashioned a couple of years ago. They are sweet fabrics with Australian flora and fauna printed all over. Sweet kangaroos, koalas, wombats, echidnas, kookaburras, parrots; set among native flowers. I am using dotty fabrics in various colours to add to the mix. The pattern?? Why, hexagons of course. =) I am re-using some papers that I used for my Sweet Sunday quilt.....just a couple. Another EPP pretty. The first 'little poppet' quilt of many, I suspect. Why stop at just one, I ask??!!

I have pieced the main part of the quilt top together with only the levelling of the sides, and the top and bottom, to be done. I will be stitching these pieces to the quilt later this evening.  Then,  a border skipping around the main part of the quilt will be added. I purchased a pretty Jocelyn Proust print for this; and for the backing. My daughter has decorated with other Jocelyn Proust floral fabrics within her home so this sweet little quilt will fit in perfectly. Her favourite colours are teals, mints, peaches and oranges, tangerines, turquoise, salmon pinks, dusty mauves, mustards.......so these fabrics are perfect for her.










I've been a very bad blogger of late, but then I do tend to disappear every now and then. =) Thank you for stopping by my little place. Autumn is dancing it's vibrant, gloriously-hued dance. So much of the garden has died down for the winter. Though the trees are beautiful in their burnished shades. And of course, the hydrangeas are still making me smile. Love watching the petals change into the beautiful shades that only hydrangeas can do. Believe it or not I am still picking bunches of hydrangea flowers that haven't begun to change as yet. These flowers have been delighting since December. Truly, the best flowers....ever!! Of course, they are gorgeous in summer, but what I also love is in autumn hydrangeas taking on a life of their own, morphing into earthy shades of green, burgundy, rust......and dusty blues. I have been watching them dry and shrivel up slowly....so pretty in their demise. A wry thought just crossed my mind ........in winter I tend to shrivel up and die, too.......which ain't so pretty.


Anyway, enough of hydrangeas, sweet little poppets........the whole new exciting phase of grandparenthood; baby quilts, knitting etc etc, I am off to enjoy a little slow hand stitching ......in front of the fire, me thinks♡ Have a lovely day, lovely lovelies♡


Until the next time.........

 







34 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Such exciting news for you. And such a pretty quilt under way. Love the pictures of your hydrangeas, such gorgeous colours. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations soon-to-be grandma Kim !
    I'm so happy for you ! And your family !
    Exciting you must be :) With you mind creating lovely gifts...and you already sew a so lovely quilt !
    I have spiders here too...living in the countryside brings us a lot of visitors...I have some fireflies into the night and I love watching them :)
    Have a shinny Sunday and week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kim I'm so happy for you all and yes it's a great excuse to make all manner of pretties for your new grandchild, the quilt is going to be beautiful!
    I too have a grandchild on the way around September and I'm busy crocheting a blanket at my DIL's request. I am an even worse blogger it's so long since I posted but I do pop in now and again, I'm so glad I did and got to hear your happy news. Have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations grandma! The baby quilt is looking beautiful and I'm sure many more will be made for the baby too. Spring is finally here in on northern Indiana, the grass is green and the plants are growing in the beds. Enjoy your winter stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim! How exciting to have a little grand baby on the way! That baby quilt is adorable! I love the animals and the way you have arranged the prints in the hexagons. I’m sure there will be something on your knitting needles for the little poppet too. I’m so excited for you! If you need some spring flowers, pop on over to my blog. Take care. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, being a grandmother is great fun. Blessings on your family for a safe pregnancy and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karla, for your beautiful blessing and kind wishes for a safe pregnancy and delivery of my daughter's baby. I must say I cannot wait to meet my little grandbaby. It will indeed be so much fun to be a grandmother. Kim Xx

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your exciting news and times ahead! That baby quilt will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a Grandma is wonderful; what a lucky grandbaby to have you both. She'll/he'll be decked out in style. :) Yes, I did miss you while you were on hiatus, but I know you need a bit of space and what a lovely way to fill the space - with a daughter and son-in-law. I love all the hydrangea pictures you've shared. I agree that hydranges have such a wide range of colors and even in their fall glory, they are gorgeous. Enjoy, enjoy...you deserve all that life will be showering on you with grands and all the wonder that assures you and Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is fabulous news, congratulations for being a grandma! The baby quilt is going to be so lovely, cute little animals and pretty flowers, the perfect mix for a happy quilt made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. being a nonna has been the sweetest happening(s) in my Life - congratulations to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Being a Granny (or Grammy in my case) is the best! I love that sweet little baby quilt that you are in the midst of making. Those fabrics are fabulous with all the animals! That little one will spend hours looking at them. Enjoy your cozy fire and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely cot quilt--I am sure it will be much loved;)) You will just love being a Grand-mere...sending good thoughts to you all...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the pending new addition to the family. That first baby quilt is darling. Stay warm and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations Granny! you will enjoy this time so much and have fun making your grandchild's first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the news that you will be a grandma soon, Kim! That's so exciting! Of course you have to knit and quilt for this little one - I love the sweet quilt you're making. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Being a gramma is the best. I love it! Hope everything goes smoothly with the pregnancy and delivery. Belated Happy Birthday to Pete and your son-in-law! Your hydrangeas are beautiful any season. Mine are just getting buds on them. My naked branches are all covered with beautiful leaves. We have been having rain off and on which is keeping everything looking lovely, plus a much needed weeding because those are growing too. Love the beautiful baby quilt! Thank you again for bringing a smile to my Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such exciting news, so many projects you can work on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Muchísimas felicidades por la nueva vida que llegará a vuestra familia y ya leo que estás disfrutando (como buena abuela) de las costuras para el bebé. Muchos BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting. I can't wait to see what charming creations you will happily produce. And how quickly you made the first quilt (as I'm sure there will be many more). Thanks for sharing your gorgeous hydrangeas. One can never get enough of them.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful that your daughter and son-in-law came to visit. Extra special as well as they had a special announcement! You’ve already made good progress on the baby quilt. What fun to be hand stitching adorable fabrics. The best part is you know the new momma likes the prints. The hydrangea from your garden display lovely shades of subtle shades of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh what wonderful news!! Our darling little granddaughter is 6 months already, and is absolutely the best thing EVER! You will surely delight in your little bundle and wonder how you ever lived w/o a grandchild. As always, your photos are breathtaking, and no, NOT enough with the hydrangeas!!! I enjoy them so very much! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kim
    Such wonderful news. Congratulations to you all.
    Love the quilt with all the animals, especially the koalas
    Hope you have a great week thinking up more beautiful things.
    Best wishes Kay c xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Kay, for your beautiful words. There are so many cute animals on this quilt but I agree with you that the koalas are just that little bit sweeter. 'Tis amazing all the imaginations of baby pretties that are running dizzingly in my head. I've always loved knitting and sewing wee baby pretties. One can be so, so creative. Kim Xx

      Delete
  24. Very nice quilt! Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely news, Kim! Congratulations! Welcome to that wonderful world of grandparents!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How exciting, Kim! Hooray! You'll be the best grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such exciting news!The baby quilt is looking so pretty, and I'm sure you are itching to start quilting it for the new arrival. And what else will you come with, I wonder? Some knitting, perhaps some lovely stitching on pretty little baby garments? And dont forget to whip up some bibs, babies need plenty of them, dont they. What fun you will have with your handwork, and the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh that IS the most wonderful news indeed dear Kim!! How very special for you all. That is going to be one lucky little baby with a Granny who can fashion all sorts of beautiful things for him or her. Congratulations on your special news Kim. Yes the hydrangeas are still beautiful. I am still picking mine also ... they really do give us such joy for a long time. Enjoy the week dear Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic News, Congrats!!! so exciting and you wasted no time at all to get a quilt made :) I imagine you will be making more trips to see the grandbaby too. I look forward to seeing all the lovely items you make :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! How wonderfully exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ooooooh - how wonderful!!! A wee little bundle to cuddle and love is on the way, how exciting! Congratulations to all. And of course your job as a granny is to make sure that little one is never going to know a moment without your love surrounding him/her. We need to take our jobs seriously, don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so behind! That is wonderful news Congrats to all of you. And what a lucky little one I see many beautiful quilts in their future :)

    ReplyDelete