Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day♡

 



Hello lovely lovelies. How are you all on this Sunday?? 'Tis late here in Tassie.  I have enjoyed a lovely Sunday. 'Twas  Mother's Day today. A lovely day was enjoyed by me and  my Pete. A perfect day gallivanting around the countryside, drinking in the autumnal beauty and a stop here and there for coffee and cake. Are you celebrating Mother's Day at your little place??  If you  are, then a beautiful Mother's Day to you♡ Mother's Day is always bittersweet for me as my girls live in different parts of the world and my darling mum passed a very long time ago. But.....Pete always makes sure I enjoy my day. My girls gifted me with lovely surprises. Flowers♡ Books♡ They know me so well, as flowers and books are my very favourite gifts to receive. My daughter who will soon be a mum herself sent me the sweetest book; How to Greet A Gran. So fun. Now I will be proficient at greeting grannies in their language from all over the world. =)

I finished hand stitching my wee poppet's quilt top. The border fabric has been machine stitched as well. A pretty Jocelyn Proust Australian fabric in aquas, teals, purples, pinks and moss greens. A perfect fabric to happily live with all the sweet fabrics of the quilt. Now for the quilting. Simple hand stitching, me thinks. Just straight lines skipping one after the other, diagonally. The backing is the same as the border and the batting is a 100% cotton. My daughter and son-in-law live in Queensland so cotton will be perfect for their climate.

I have been enjoying a little knitting, too. Goodness, it's been many, many years since I have knitted woolly garments for a wee one. The needles are tiny and the garments so little. It doesn't take long at all for the garments to quickly knit up. I am going to have the best time knitting for this wee little poppet.








A quick post from me this Sunday evening. Who would've thunk it??!! But my bed is calling out to me......I cannot resist.  I'm just in the mood for hopping into my electrified bed snuggled under cosy quilts. One of my favourite times of the day is collapsing into bed at day's end. =) Gosh, I live a boring life, don't I??!! I must be getting old!! Granny old!! Traipsing around the countryside, coffee-ing and cake-ing all day long is seriously, exhausting business. I look forward to visiting all you lovely slow hand stitchers tomorrow morning. So, have a wonderful Sunday, lovely lovelies, when it comes aknocking at your door; and to all of you who are celebrating Mother's Day; have a joy-filled time♡

Until the next time........






31 comments:

  1. Great news, soon you will be a grandmother!! Another gourgeous finish, congrats!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the day with Pete and celebrate. Have a wonderful week, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little poppet is already well loved with those special gifts you are making. I imagine that there will be pictures taken of the baby wearing the sweater and lying on the quilt. All so colour coordinated! Beautiful quilt! Happy Mother’s Day to you! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that knitting and I wish I would have had the courage to try to add some fancy stitching to the sweater I am doing - of course I could still try - I am making the back and have no attempted the front and the sleeves - maybe I could find it in me to push through and try! I love that design you are putting on yours -- hope you have had a great day way over there on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day. The quilt is gorgeous and that deep teal for the baby garment is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppet quilt top is bright and colorful Which wee eyes will enjoy. Autumn rides are pretty with changing colors. Enjoy reading your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim! Your day of gallivanting sounds wonderful - made all the more so by "cake-ing" and "coffee-ing"! Love your darling quilt; and that potting shed I see in the background - makes me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day to you Kim! In France it's not before 3 weeks, June 4, we have time to be prepared ;) Lovely quilt, the baby will love it (and his Mom too ;) ), such a sweet top.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely poppet quilt;))) and that knitting looks so lovely in that beautiful aqua color...enjoy your Mother's Day!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt, and love the color of the sweater! Sounds like you had a great mother's day! Hope you have a great week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing quilt, Kim dear, and happy stitching-time to you!
    Have a wonderful day you too, Sweetie!
    Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice you and Pete had a lovely day together but I think all the days you spend together are lovely. The baby quilt is so cute! Happy stitching and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. I miss my own son and daughter on this day also. I will visit my mom and my MIL will come for dinner. Your baby quilt is beautiful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Mother's Day , Kim. Jumping into a cozy warm bed sounds divine. Your quilt looks amazing. It reminds me of a stained glass window. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Mother's Day, Kim! My boys live a ways away from us, too, so I don't get to see them today, but thank goodness for phone calls and Facetime. Your quilt for the baby is lovely - such sweet and soft colors! Enjoy all that knitting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FELIZ DIA DE LA MADRE TAMBIEN PARA TI.
    Aquí el día de la madre fué el domingo de la pasada semana y también recibí por parte de mis hijos un gran ramo de flores y libro, dos de las cosas que más me gustan.
    El edredón se ve precioso y lo que estás tejiendo es 💙💙🧶🧶
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must admit I thought stained glass window when I saw the sun shining through your quilt! It sounds like your Mother’s Day was nice. Enjoy your baby knitting! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Mothers Day, Kim. It must be hard with your girls living far away. My son lives down in the South Island, so I dont see much of him, luckily my daughter lives about 60km away. Your baby knitting looks gorgeous, and I'm sure you will enjoy hand quilting the baby quilt. A day out with coffee and cake sounds very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Mothers Day Kim .. it sounds like a wonderful day & the book is just perfect. The quilt looks amazing & the wee cardy will be so adorable. Yes it is special to work on the small garments again after a long break from making them. Enjoy every moment dear Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi sweet Kim, Happy Mother's day! I had a lovely day - no housework! and some lovely presents. My adult children live very close so it's a real treat. Your quilt is so lovely. Enjoy quilting it and making wee clothing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like the perfect day! We of course celebrate Mothering Sunday a few weeks before Easter. That quilt top has gone together very quickly and looks lovely and baby clothes are such fun to knit. So exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Mother's day for soon-to-be grandma !
    Gorgeous quilt and beautiful pictures Kim !
    Mother's day was last Sunday here. A day I'm not cooking, wash no dishes...just doing what I like...With my mother (she's 96) my husband and daughter (my son is in the UK).
    Love going to bed too ;) but for reading a good book before crashing :)
    Have a lovely week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kim
    Glad you had such a lovely day. Coffee and cake my favourite.
    Your border fabric matches perfectly, you certainly have a talent for finding just the right fabric.
    Your knitting is such a pretty colour.
    Have a great week.
    Best wishes Kay c xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Kay. Coffee and cake is always a good idea, isn't it? Fabric does tend to jump out at me when I'm out and about, and as for the colour of the wool, it is such a pretty teal colour...one of my daughter's favourite colours. Have a lovely week, lovely lady. Kim Xx

      Delete
  23. Beautiful quilt and knitting, love the colours. So good to hear you had a good Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Mother's Day. And happy knitting! The quilt top looks lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh it looks terrific, I love the pics of the sun shining through, makes it look like a stained glass window. I love the color you picked for your knitting project too, lovely for a girl or boy ;) Glad you enjoyed your Mother's day, it was very low key here as I had a busy day at church, then had a call from my daughter and did a little bit of journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my! The little grand baby is blessed already! I am glad you had such a lovely Mother's Day! I did, too! Your knitting is always A+ xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kim ,what lovely goodies you received for Mother’s Day and how lovely that Pete spoils you too.
    Yes cotton is perfect for the Queensland weather ,oh I love the colour of your knitting ,how exciting that you are going to be a grandma ,your world will change and these little people will fill your heart with so much love,take care my friend 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, that wee quilt is so perfect! I must tell you (from experience) that there is no other love like that of a grandmother. I thought I loved my boys but it's a whole 'nother feeling over my grandies. So glad you were spoiled on Mother's Day...I got flowers from #2 son and his family and also got to video chat with them. #1 son always has to work (oh the joys of being a chef and having to work all the 'good' days) but he called later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy belated Mother's Day! My children are all out-of-state, too, so I can relate. And so happy for you becoming a Gran!!! Your knitting is adorable!!! I'll have to check out that book. Ohhhh, that adorable quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful post. Congratulations Grandma! Such happiness.

    ReplyDelete