Saturday, April 8, 2023

Tell me the old, old story♡

 

Tell me the old, old story,

Of unseen things above,

Of Jesus and His glory,

Of Jesus and His Love.




Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed, Thy hand has provided,
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.



In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my Light, my Strength, my Song.



Come now fount of every blessing,

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace.

Streams of mercy, never ceasing,

Call for songs of loudest praise.




Amazing Grace how sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am fround,
Was blind but now I see.


This is the day that the Lord hath made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
.

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee,
How great Thou art.



When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul".




I need Thee e'vry hour, Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.




Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone,
Because I know, He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because he lives.


There's something about old hymns that speak to the weary soul. The words, the lyrics, are poetry to my soul; balm to my weary heart. And with every new day there is much being played out on the world stage to cause one to be weary. I love the music to those grand old hymns. I love the cadence of the melodies; the sweetest of harmonies. Melodies which when sung in church the strains soar like sweet angels to the loftiest of places. Truly, is there any sweeter sound than a group of people en masse, singing a hymn?? I'm not only speaking about those grand old hymns, but I love too, the hymns written today. The group Anthem Lights, here and here....comes to mind. They have imagined beautiful new arrangements in medleys of hymns. Celtic Worship, too is a group combining great voices and instrumentals. Such a beautiful and unique sound. I want to jam with these people. In Christ Alone, a new favourite hymn of a lot of people; written by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend in 2001.  Who said hymns are old fashioned?? Certainly not I.

This Easter, I am singing a hymn of thankfulness to Jesus for the gift of new life. There is no greater love than the sacrificial love of Jesus. This Easter, I am singing a hymn of gratefulness for the blessings which He fills my cup with each day. May I sing sweet songs to Him in the good times, the sad times, the difficult times.....those days when everything is a struggle. No matter what season of life I find myself in, may I always sing songs of praise and thankfulness to Jesus♡ "Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand; But I know Who holds tomorrow, And I know Who holds my hand."



Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. Later in the evening I will enjoy a little slow stitching on my Flower Meadow quilt. Perhaps I will silently sing a grand old hymn while I stitch. I will ponder Jesus' love for me. How can it be that He should love me, care for me....and you?? 'Tis amazing....when you really think about it.....ponder it. I wonder, those of you lovely lovelies, who are not adverse to singing a hymn or two.......do you have a favourite?? My favourite?? I cannot really say, as there are too many which when I sing, speak to my heart♡ There are so many  hymns which are balm to my soul♡ May your Easter Sunday be a blessed one♡ May it be one filled with thankfulness and love♡

Until the next time...



36 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Kim! May Jesus be with you and hold you, ever.
    Love the Easter eggs shape lanterns, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Easter Kim - your house looks all decked out in beauty and your Easter hymn is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kim, Happy Easter to you and your loved ones, a happy greeting goes to you from Viola.
    Thank you, your contribution is very nice ... joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Viola, for your happy greetings, this Eastertime. May you and your loved ones enjoy a lovely Easter, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post...Happy Easter my dear friend. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Maristella. May your Easter be a happy one filled with blessings, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter to you and Pete! I love "In the bulb, there is a flower"...so full of hope for things to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of "In The bulb, there is a flower".....what a beautiful hymn! The words so powerful...poignant! I just played it to Pete and he loves it too. A new song for my Playlist ......thank you so much for sharing. Every word, every thought conveys such amazing truths. Thank you so much for visiting my little place this Easter Sunday. May I wish you a Happy Easter, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  6. Qué bonito Kim, me ha gustado mucho. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Kim - thank you. We sung that hymn at my Dads funeral some 22 years ago now. I have certainly called on my prayers & hymns this past week a great deal. Happy Easter Sunday to you & enjoy stitching on that gorgeous quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim this post is beautiful,enjoy your stitching later on 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post, Kim. I hope you have a lovely day working on your Flower Meadow quilt. Have a blessed and happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifuowritten Kim, Easter blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Kim. I too love the old hymns - and the new. Enjoy your slow stitching and some lovely words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Happy and Sweet Easter to you, dear Kim !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter Kim, beautiful hymn I think the old ones are best. Your Easter decorations are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Easter blessings Kim. One of my favourite hymns is “Be still for the Presence of the Lord, is moving in this place”
    🙋🏼‍♀️🙌🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that hymn. The words and music are beautiful.....worshipful. Beautiful Easter blessings to you, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  15. Sadly my Catholic church hasn't allowed any newer hymns to be sung for as long as I can remember. There were a few added in the 1970s, but our masses include the same songs year after year. As a child, I was amazed at the number of songs included in the hymnal, but we only ever sang a few. I didn't enjoy any of them. Soon the hymnals were phased out. I was very impressed by Anthem Lights. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Kim, I’m just stopping by to wish you a beautiful Easter and what a lovely post! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous flowers, quilt and hymn! A favorite old hymn of mine was also my mother’s, “In the Garden.” I’ve been away awhile but wanted to share that we were blessed with a new granddaughter recently, Cecilia! She is truly an Easter blessing! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) You are the blessing, sweet Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have me singing along! Happy Easter, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a blessed and wonderful Easter weekend. Music is truly the greatest food for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, music is indeed "the greatest food for the soul". Love, love, love music! I enjoyed both a wonderful and blessed Easter; thank you, Maggie. I hope your Easter was a wonderful and blessed one, too. Have a lovely week, lovely lady. Thank you for your sweet visit. Kim Xx

      Delete
  20. Happy Easter Kim! My favorite, not sure you can call it a hymn is "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me a relatively new song I watched the movie again last night again last night. It is a true story, a member of the group, Bart Millard suffers physical and emotional abuse at the hands of his father. When his father develops pancreatic cancer, he turns to the Lord and his faith. Bart wrote the song dedicating it to his father. Thanks for all your beautiful picture and lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. As I scrolled your lovely blog I was singing hymn after him, I love them all, the old ones get me every time. Although I have told my husband that I want In Christ alone sang at my funeral, every time I sing that song it just gets me so thankful for our Lord and has me thinking of the time I will be with him one day.
    Wishing you a blessed and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Easter, Kim! Love your post. He is risen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your flower meadow quilt is looking amazing! Such a joyous riot of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh! You're post is truly inspired. Thank you dear fellow believer for reminding us of Jesus and his love. Peace and blessings to you and yours !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Just...everything...the blogs, the lyrics to those wonderful hymns, the praise to the Lord...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope that you had a lovely Easter, dear Kim. Your post is so inspiring. I do love 'Amazing Grace'. I wish the world would live the words of Jesus. It's so simple, really. Love your pretty roses. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yet another beautiful post that pulls at the heartstrings Kim. Seeing the words 'How Great Thou Art' brought back memories of sitting in church as a child and hearing a soloist sing that - still remember the goosebumps I had.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kim - the words of those old hymns and the flowery settings combined to create a balm for my soul. We are currently traveling from Montana to Grand Cayman, and to say the least, it has not gone according to plan! It is so easy to be grumpy at a time like this, and then your post puts it Bang! Right back into perspective. I do like some of the old hymns (Amazing Grace ...) but I tend to listen to modern Christian music such as Casting Crowns. Belated blessed Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete