Saturday, March 30, 2024

Easter Greetings♡




Fond greetings to you, lovely lovelies, this Easter time♡











Easter ♡ Thankful. Grateful. Humbled. Appreciative.  Saddened. Indebted. Overwhelmed. Despair. Joyful. Blessed............

As I sit here, crocheting for Slow Sunday Stitching, so many emotions deep within my innermost being, the quiet of my soul this Easter time; but I think the most constant emotion is one of thankfulness. Thankful for so many things, but this Easter time, thankful that Jesus loves me and I love Him. Thankful for His sacrificial love and new life on that first Easter, so that I might have a relationship with Him for eternity. Thankful for each day  walking in His steps, following Him. Thankful for  walking along the path of life with Him, sometimes skipping, sometimes dragging my heavy feet along with me. And, in those times when I just can't pick up those heavy-laden feet of mine, when I simply cannot take another step, I am thankful Jesus carries me. For, as Larry Crabb once said, as a Christian 'it's not for me to ask Jesus to solve every problem I face but for me to move through my problems to find Jesus'. 

Thankful for His daily, saving grace. Thankful that over a half of a century ago Jesus whispered my name and in the deepest chambers of my heart, my soul,  I heard and answered, 'yes Lord??'. Thus, began my faith journey, my walk of faith.  So very thankful for that Friday afternoon, in a maths lesson when my friend told me about Jesus and how His love for me cost Him His life. It was as if the scales fell off my eyes and I saw life differently.  So very thankful for His  mercy and love which will follow me all the days of  my life. Yes.....just so thankful♡

I've often  imagined what it would be like to look into Jesus' eyes. What it would be like  to hear his voice....gentle, calming, peaceful, understanding, forgiving....reverberating with kindness and love. What it would be like over two thousand years ago, to  sit on that dusty hillside scrambling for a vantage point with thousands of others waiting to hear Him speak His pearls of wisdom of the sermon on the mount,  His voice filled with love; with me hanging onto every word.  I will hear His voice one day. I will look into those tender, compassionate, forgiving, love-filled eyes. I will see Jesus face to face. I will see the scars in His hands. Those torturous scars He suffered for me....and you. This fact, this truth, fills me with overwhelming emotions, but again, ever so thankful ♡


May you, this Easter time, hear when Jesus whispers your name, ever so softly♡ May your Easter be a blessed one♡



Until the next time.........





33 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful Easter display Kim have a peaceful and blessed Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Kim, thank you. And stunning pictures as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Easter display Kim !
    Adorable !
    Happy and Sweet Easter to you and your family !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter blessings to you and your family. Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes love.
    Thank you dear Kim.
    I wish you and your loved ones a happy Easter. A hug goes from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Viola. A Happy Easter to you and your loved ones, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  6. Kim your photos and your words are as sweet as always. So thankful for our Savior and what He has done for us. It is indeed humbling. Happy Easter my friend! Warm wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a peace filled and wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, Kim.
    Happy Easter and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter--and thank you for the lovely wonderful posts you do--
    hugs, diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you both a happy and peaceful Easter, Kim. Gorgeous photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely post Kim. I had to look hard just then - has Kim stacked up all those teacups I thought (!!??) Such beautiful fabric. I would like to come & play with all those pretties. Wishing you a blessed Easter my dear friend x0x 💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post warmed my heart. Jesus is the path, the truth and the life. Happy Easter, dear Kim. Thank you for sharing such beauty and faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, lovely Maristella. So, so thankful for my faith in Jesus. May you, and those dear to you enjoy a Happy Easter, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you Kim - blessings on you and yours this Easter, and every day. You're so right - our Lord is with us. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For a moment there I thought you had the most impressive collection of teacups I’d ever seen. 😆 Realised it was fabric. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be an impressive collection of teacups, wouldn't it?? Alas, though I admit there are quite a few teacups here in my humble abode, there are not quite that many. =) A Happy Easter to you, too, Ann. Kim Xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Kim
    Such lovely words. Happy Easter
    Best wishes Kay cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Kay♡ Happy Easter to you♡ Kim Xx

      Delete
  16. Happy Easter Kim! Your decorations are lovely, this tea cups fabric is fabulous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Kim. He gave us all the gift, we walk through life and with him in our lives we are so much richer knowing Him. He gave us a miracle a few years after he found us, believe and trust that he is within each and everyone of us. Love is so powerful and he asks us to do just that, love one another with all our hearts. Easter is a very special time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh....if only all....and me.... loved each other as Jesus loved; just imagine what a wonderful place the world would be?? Thank you for your sweet visit this Easter time, lovely Maggie. Kim Xx

      Delete
  18. Happy Easter, Kim! Your photos are beautiful, and so are your words. Hope you've had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Easter decorations and inspiring message Kim! I am thankful too I will see Jesus one day along with my beloved John. I just listened to Celine Dion and the Bee Gees Immortality. Brings tears to my eyes every time

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Easter! What a wonderful proclamation of your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LJ here. I love that quote: 'it's not for me to ask Jesus to solve every problem I face but for me to move through my problems to find Jesus'." Too many think HE couldn't solve 'such and such' a problem so that means there is no Jesus. But the second half of the quote after the "but" that is the hardest for me to remember and think about. Thank you for reminding me.
    I want - no, I NEED, that fabric. It's the best. With endless teacups, you can't go wrong and look at all those patterns and colors. I sure wouldn't be able to cut into it though; perhaps, I'd just pet it and enjoy it just as it is.
    I love and want a lot of those featured teacups particularly the ones whose insides are prettier than the outside. Have I ever told you about the minister who used 3 teacups during his "lesson" before Sunday School? You know it made the biggest impression on me that 70+ years have gone by and I've never forgotten it.
    BTW, I'm definitely going to start looking for teacups that have decorations inside as well as outside.
    HAPPY EASTER, Kim. With Riley to love and enjoy, you know that the Lord was instrumental.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Easter!

    I did a double-take with that teacup fabric! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such a beautiful way with words and can express so well what you are feeling, I do wish I had that ability.
    You also have a way of taking beautiful pictures too, love your little Easter display!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kim - so beautifully written - yes, I can imagine scrambling on a dusty hillside to get a glimpse of Jesus and to hear his words. And I look forward to the day that I can humbly be within His gaze. Happy Easter, Kim! He is risen! And I loved all your whimsical Easter tableaux, especially the little critters in the teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a lovely Easter post, Kim! I was amazed at all your teacups and wondering how you stacked them like that and then realized it was fabric! Lol! I have that same embroidery with the little black cat in the village - just found it at the flea market I went to recently! Must have been a popular pattern back in the day. The teachings of Jesus are such a wonderful guide to live by. I find that they give me answers to every situation in life and that is such a comfort. Hope you have a lovely week. Your crochet is so pretty. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  26. A belated Happy Ester to you and yours. May the blessings of Eastertide stay with you throughout the year. I love your Easter tableau, but do wonder where you have room to store all your numerous seasonal accessories.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete