Sunday, March 24, 2024

A Finished Flimsy♡


Hello lovely lovelies♡ 'Tis Sunday morning here at the bottom of the world and by the looks of it, it's going to be a cloudy and windy, autumnal kinda day. Just sitting here in front of the fire with a cuppa. An open fire to ward off those early morning chills. Yes indeedy, the mornings are in need of a little heat to warm my tippy toes. 

I hope you all enjoyed a pleasant week. I did. Parcels were sent to Riley, and to Maggie. I love sending parcels. I love wrapping parcels in pretty paper, or perhaps fabric or an embroidered fancy; and adorning with ribbons or whatever pretty takes my fancy. The art of gift wrapping is very serious business to me; as important as the gift itself.  There is nothing better than receiving a gift that has been lovingly wrapped. A beautifully wrapped present is a prelude as to what awaits hidden inside. True to form, like babies and toddlers since time immemorial, my sweet Riley was fascinated by the wrapping.  Oh, and I have it on good authority she loves her pretties, too. Why, she has been seen out and about wearing her crochet pretty.

I managed to finish making the rest of the blocks for the fundraiser quilt and assembling these into rows, eventuating into a finished flimsy. It was fun to play with each block, switching them here and there to see which ones played nicely together. Though, I find when there is a plethora of jewel-like colours and floralicious florals all dancing together, you  can never really go wrong. The result is always a delight to my eyes.  I've not yet fashioned a quilt where there's an explosion of colours and prints that it has not been pleasing to my eye. The exuberance of vibrant colours dancing a merry jig is what makes my world go round, as I've always viewed the world through a kaleidoscope of gorgeous colours and prints. Pattern on pattern and colour on colour truly makes my world spin on its axis.











Are not the colours truly scrumptious??!!

The quilting?? I will machine quilt this pretty but will have to think about the design. KISS. Again. Of course. =) Ahh...Sunday. The day for picking up my Flower Meadow and delighting in a little hand quilting of some flower hexies with the other slow stitchers over at Kathy's place.



May you enjoy a beautiful Sunday, lovely lovelies♡ May it be one filled with joyous colour and smiles♡



27 comments:

  1. Joyous colour indeed Kim! The flimsy is gorgeous in all its bright and happy floral fabric! Maybe a cross grid design would fulfil the KISS brief, although you may not wish to spoil those pretty floral centres? Happy Sunday- I'm off to a winery to celebrate my husband's birthday, and its a beautiful day in central Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is so pretty, your florals are beautiful! Have a pleasant Sunday! It's Saturday evening here and I'll be off to bed in a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So any wonderful colours Kim, a beautiful happy post. Your quilt is lovely and will spread happiness! The dahlias are stunning too. Have a wonderful Sunday. The sun is just coming out here by the coast, might go for a bike ride this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous flimsy in saturated colours that would brighten anyone’s day. Some autumn chilly would be most welcome here in Sydney,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. I'm sure autumn will arrive there soon. It's quickly settling in here. Kim Xx

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty flimsy Kim, lovely colours. Always good to receive a parcel especially when beautifully wrapped, nice that Riley has been wearing her pretty already. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabrics in your latest project. It will be a lovely reminder of warm days while you quilt it over the autumn. I totally agree, the wrapping of a gift is part of the gift. I had to catch up on some of your past posts and those jumpers for Riley are lovely. I'm making a tilda bunny at the moment. I like the lace added to the bottom of her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright happy colors on your quilt ! As your flowers !
    Sun today but rain is coming for the all week here...
    Have a shinny week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. With snow on the ground, yes we got an unexpected snowstorm late this week. Old man winter missed the memo and is trying to hold out for as long as possible. Time to relax under a quilt and calmly carry on quilting. Stitching happening too, while dreaming of beautiful flowers and warmer days with blue skies and sunshine. Inspiration came and oh, I cannot wait for my treasures to arrive. Just wait and see what I have planned to create with them…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose if Old Man Winter is still carrying on with his frigid tricks there, that means he will be delayed in getting here. =) I can but dream. Though of course, after all that snow and below freezing temperatures you truly do deserve spring to arrive on your doorstep. Yes, quite sensible to relax under a quilt and calmly continue quilting. Your parcel is apparently waiting for customs clearance in Vancouver. Fingers crossed it arrives at your place sometime this week. May there be blue skies and sunshine for you this week, lovely Maggie. Kim Xx

      Delete

      Delete
  9. I am also a fan of bright vibrant colours. Your flimsy is beautiful and I’m sure your quilting will be the perfect addition to it! Nice to hear that Riley and her parents loved the parcel you sent and that she has already been wearing one of the sweaters that you made. My Nana made me little sweaters and mittens when I was little. I still have some of them. They are treasures. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt top is bold and beautiful! Such gorgeous colors. What a fun quilt to end summer and start autumn with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful top! The colours are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt flimsy is fun and happy! I love the flowery centers surrounded by those pretty solids. Enjoy your slow stitching today, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LJ here. Oh,poop de do...I thought I'd gotten this awful Google Account business figured out only to go back and start again! "Are not the colours truly scrumptious??!! " Yes, yes, yes, the colors are scrumptious. And the wide variety of flowers are amazing. I love the pansies the best though your real flowers are right up there, too. :) I am always so astounded that you have so many gorgeous flowers. Really...look at all those dahlias - heaven. I must have my hubby read about wrapping gifts - you have described the concept beautifully. Hubby always thinks it's a waste of time. I'm so glad Riley is enjoying the wrapping as much (if not more) than the true gift. :) So Sweet. Have a perfect week - cool weather or not, Kim. Ha! Your weather sounds better than here right now - we even had 3, 4, or 5 inches of the gorgeous, white wonder, the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful flowers as always - so much lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors in that flimsy! I'd love to see Riley in her sweater. Gorgeous pictures and flowers as usual Kim. We have a cloudy day too. I hope to get outside and plant some of the veggies I somehow came home with the other day when I just stopped by the nursery to get a part for my drip irrigation. It was too rainy yesterday to manage to plant anything. Have a great week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My day is filled with joyous colour and smiles everytime I read one of your delightful blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ¡¡¡como me gusta tu colcha!!! espero el domingo para ver tus flores y tu mundo de colores, gracias por compartirlo y BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Kim ... you have disappeared off my Reading list again so I went looking & found you !!! Silly Blogger 😫
    Your flimsy is beautiful & a riot of colour. Your dahlias are looking really lovely still ... mine are fading now. We have not lit the fire yet but last week it was Oh So cold!! I did bring the heater in for the furry ones. Wishing you a wonderful week weaving your magic Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Trying to comment again... Such beauty and inspiration! Have a lovely week ahead dear Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is a bit tricky of late. I have no idea what's going on. Thankfully, you landed here at my little place. Thank you, lovely Maristella for persevering. =) May your week be a lovely one, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  20. What a fun flimsy! This is going to be such a cheerful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What pretty color, indeed! I love your simple yet vibrant quilt top!!! And your description of preparing a parcel--goals!!! Your blog is quilts in poetry, Kim!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never been good at wrapping and presenting, at least I don't feel like it, my girlfriend is very gifted in that :) I bet Riley is a little doll in her crochet pretty.
    The quilt is so pretty, it feels like spring colors to me, sure to bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous colourful quilt - I'm sure someone is going to be over the moon to own it and hopefully it raises lots of money. Of course your wonderful garden has just the right blooms to show it off to best advantage.

    ReplyDelete