Sunday, June 11, 2023

Colour My Wintry World With Flowers♡







Hello lovely lovelies♡ A lovely Sunday welcome to you♡ It has been a dreary, wintry kinda week here. But I don't care as there have been splashes of sunshine in the form of pretty winter flowers, new Tilda fabrics and a few more hexie flowers flourishing on my Flower Meadow quilt.

'Tis amazing how flowers put a sparkle into my day, especially a cold winter's day. My garden is bereft of flowers, but my beautiful friend, Trish, has gorgeous proteas blossoming in her garden at the moment, so when she asked me if I wanted a bunch or two, I of course said a resounding YES! These flowers would put a smile in any ho-hum kinda day.

The two proteas are Special Pink Ice (Special neriifolio x Susanna) and Protea repens - Sugar Bush. Although many consider proteas native to Australia, they actually hale from South Africa, but share many of the growing requirements of our Australian natives, so they thrive really well here and are very popular. Both flowers are stunning and will look fabulous in a vase for a very long time.....and the flowers are huge. Just gorgeous!

I purchased some new Tilda fabrics this week. Have you seen the new Tilda collection?? There are three collections, called Bloomsville, Garden Vista and a blender collection....Abloom. Apparently the Bloomsville and Garden Vista designs are inspired by old chinoiseries and a sweet motif found on a vase from a factory  that closed in the 1960's. The fabrics are blooming in colours of  Fern, Sky, Blue, Iris, Cornflower, Corn, Turquoise, Dijon, Prussian, Pine, Lagoon......all dancing in bright, summery hues. I particularly love the blender fabrics called 'Abloom'. They are quite simply gorgeous. Tone Finnanger has done it again. Goodness, she is a clever designer. I am slowly replenishing my floral fabrics as I have gone through quite a lot this past year, so these gorgeous fabrics will be a welcome addition to my stash. 

With the baby quilt now finished, and as I dream up some more pretties for my wee poppet I picked up my  Flower Meadow quilt again. This week I have been preparing more flower hexies and stitching these pretties to the quilt. I have been evening-up the sides with the green fabric as I go. As it is Sunday, I have enjoyed a lovely afternoon slow hand stitching my Flower Meadow in The Fernery, for, surprisingly enough, after a woeful morning Old Man Sun decided to cast little bursts of happy sunbeams over my little place.  All these flower hexies are a vision of summery loveliness sustaining me through these dismal winter months. 







Of late, when Sunday rolls around I  think "what can I write about"?? How can I sprinkle a little beauty into the 'world'?? But a few flowers, a few new fabrics and a little hand stitching of a pretty quilt and there you go, a new post in which to wax lyrical about colouring my wintry world with flowers. Why should all you lovelies who are deeply immersed in the joy of spring/summer have all the fun. =)  The world is a much better place with a few flowers, a few new pretty fabrics; and definitely a little hand stitching of a pretty quilt; don't you think?? Thank you once again for visiting my little place where, this week, I have been colouring my little place with the beauty of flowers. Flowers gifted by a beautiful friend♡ Flowers flourishing on gorgeous fabrics; and flowers blooming on my Flower Meadow quilt♡ Have a lovely day, lovely lovelies♡ May your day be coloured with splashes of beauty♡



Until the next time........






33 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and I do LOVE the Tilda fabrics. Your hexie quilt is coming along beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful proteas ! We begin to see some around here...
    Lovely fabrics too ! So many colors...You must be thrilled !
    Your hexie quilt is absolutely gorgeous ! So many patience for so many hexies...
    Have a shinny and cozy week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers, fabrics and some wintry sunshine shining through the windows, make for a happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs some flowers to brighten their day! Beautiful new fabrics! Do you have a local quilt store where you buy them or are you an online shopper? Enjoy your stitching today! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers and you, it's a beautiful love story. You've got a real eye for capturing them, in real life and in fabric. Beautiful fussy cut flowers, your hexies are gorgeous. I'm sending you a wave of sun and sweet heat ❤
    Thank you for sharing your happy place, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your crocheted jacket with bright blooms. It must be required outfit (like a uniform) to work with such gorgeous flowers whether they are real or fabric :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are really gorgeous and so are the fabrics. Definitely a great way to brighten up a winter's day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever seen those beautiful flowers before. Wow! I love all the fabrics you showcased and those pretty hexies. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such lovely fabric and flowers - they are all so pretty - you have added your own sunlight to your world that is beginning winter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for adding some beauty to this world and my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lordy, but at first I thought those proteas were plastic .... a new to me flower. How lovely they are. Your new fabrics are gorgeous and love what you are doing with your Flower Meadow and love your crochet sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so wonderful to see how you surround yourself with flowers all year round. The accessories are so beautiful and your floral hexagon is a sight! Even if it's winter outside with you, you create summer inside. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely waterfall of fabrics, pooling into your beautiful hexies quilt. And yes, love your granny square jacket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful flowers and so is your new Tilda fabric! I agree, the world is better with flowers in it. Have fun stitching on your Flower Meadow project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fabrics look like a beautiful rainbow! Gorgeous flowers too. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabrics are a beautiful rainbow, aren't they?? They sprinkle sunshine into my cold winter's day. I hope your week is a lovely one, too, lovely Maristella. Thank you for your sweet visit. Kim Xx

      Delete
  16. Love your crocheted jacket too. The flowers are gorgeous as are all your hexies, and gorgeous fabrics! I'd like to send you some sunshine and heat too. We are due to get to 84 today, maybe some showers, but that is probably not going to happen the way it looks outside now. Thanks so much Kim for another enjoyable visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Qué bien Kim, siempre nos traes color y flores y éstas que muestras son espléndidas y hay que celebrar la generosidad de tu amiga de regalártelas, las vas a disfrutar tanto como las nuevas telas.... ¡¡son preciosas!! y ésa chaquetita de crochet que llevas puesta me encanta. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree flowers always makes things a little brighter and cheerful. Gorgeous floral fabrics and your hexies are looking amazing. Have a lovely week, dear Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty Tilda fabrics there Kim ... they make my mouth water. I love the photo of you in your potting shed cutting up the Proteas. Everytime I see ric rac now I think of your clothes line. Wishing you a happy week Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You wouldn't know it was winter at your place with all your flowery happiness Kim. Beautiful new fabrics and I love your crochet jacket, have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That photo of you in the crochet cardi, surrounded by all the flowers! It is a keeper, dear Kim. I love all the flowers I always find here, both real and printed on fabric.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kim
    Beautiful flowers have not seen them before.Love the new fabric. Your hexie quilt is so so pretty.
    Have a great week.
    Best wishes Kay c Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, the proteas are showstoppers, aren't they?? They will brighten my little place for weeks on end. Pretty flowers, pretty fabrics and sweet flower hexies make my world go round. =) As ever, thank you for your sweet visit. Have a beautiful week in your little corner of the world, lovely Kay. Kim Xx

      Delete
  23. You have a knack for bringing beauty into the world whatever the season! I absolutely love the vibrancy of your hexie quilt, and look eagerly forward to seeing it grow! **Just like a garden!! ** As always, I love reading your posts! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those hexies! All that color. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never seen those flowers, they are lovely and look like they are quite big too, you have such a lovely place to keep your flowers growing even in the winter time :) The new fabrics are gorgeous too, such pretty colors, will be fun to play with them. Your hexie quilt is coming along so lovely too, such a bright cheerful post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those flowers are incredible! Hard to believe how big they are.
    Stash enhancement in the form of such pretty fabrics is definitely in order. After all, you must create at least one more quilt to welcome the wee one (maybe even several!). Ooooh - how about a quilt for every day of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! Your hexie quilt is stunning! The fussy cut flowers are just glorious! And flowers in any form are never a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. There is such an explosion of color when I visit here. Beautiful flowers, both real and on fabric. I love your crocheted sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Proteas - they are gorgeous and huge, as you say. It's grand that they last for a long time even once you pick them. Do you keep them in water or do they dry out?
    Yes, I've been on hiatus; who knows why. I was planting at first but then just lapsed...I've been reading your posts and enjoying them all.
    Have I told you that I love your home and the decorating you do? It isn't exactly what I do but it is all so inviting. Even a fire which 'roasts' me. I do love the cooler days. I thank God that we have air conditioning because it's been roasting weather around here.
    You are so prolific and that new little bundle will be so loved and coddled - in a very good way. What fun to have all those special things to work on for your very own poppet/grand!
    On May 21, "Brrr, It's Cold Outside", you used that cabinet with the many drawers as your backdrop. I love it and every time you use it, I think I'll ask about it - shoot, I always forget. It is just gorgeous. I'm sure that you painted and all but you have a fabulous touch and it looks outstanding.
    Stay warm...looks like you and Pete have figured that out. My bowling friend gave me a small fan that runs on batteries. Just perfect for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderous flowers.
    I love your quilt.
    You certainly know how to create beauty, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How lovely to inject so much colour into your winter days; another beautiful quilt in making!

    ReplyDelete