Sunday, June 4, 2023

A Sweet Poppet's Quilt .......A Quilty Finish♡

 

Hello lovely lovelies♡ A beautiful welcome to my little wintry place♡ The month of June. Which of course means in this little part of the world.......winter!! But let's not talk about my least favourite season, let us talk about happy things. Let us talk about a quilt finish. Yep, the wee poppet's quilt is finished♡ Let us talk of sweet quilts, teddy bears, flowery lights, and sunshine; for today was the perfect sunny day for a wee photo shoot. =)

This wee poppet's quilt is one covered in Australian flora and fauna. Jocelyn Proust fabrics where there is a menagerie of sweet animals playing among Australian native flowers. Cuddly koalas, bashful bandicoots, swimming platypuses, hopping kangaroos with sweet joeys peeking out from pouches, running wombats and adorable echidnas who slowly waddle along; all playing hide and seek among the gum trees and pretty native flowers. Flowers such as lilly pillys, wattles, bottle brushes, Tasmanian blue gum flowers, waratahs. As for the birds perched high up in the eucalyptus trees; there are magpies, willy wagtails, cockatoos and kookaburras, all singing a merry song. I suppose this quilt is an I-spy-with-my-little-eye quilt, where my daughter and her wee poppet will enjoy many a delightful time looking at each-filled hexie, imagining stories of adventures in the Australian bush. The backing and border is a Jocelyn Proust fabric flourishing with stylised 'Corymbia Ficifolio' an Australian flowering gum tree.

I fashioned this quilt using the English Paper Piecing method with papers I have from the Sweet Sunday quilt which I made several years ago. I hand quilted this sweet quilt with the stitches marching in straight lines diagonally up and down the centre panel. For the border the quilting stitches do-si-do in a merry fashion around the flowers and gum leaves. The batting is 100% cotton, nice and light.....and snuggly.


















As I sat in a cosy corner this morning with happy sunbeams warming my soul.....and my tippy toes, I stitched the binding. As I happily stitched away my thoughts could not help but think upon our wee little poppet who will make an appearance in a few months. To put it mildly we are all beyond ourselves with great joy. 'Tis so very exciting. The first quilt for our wee little poppet. The first of many, many more, I suspect. Have a lovely day, lovely lovelies♡ Thank you for delighting my day with your sweet visit♡

Until the next time............




Linking this week to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Frédérique's, Quilting, Patchwork & Applique, and Cynthia's, Oh Scrap.


40 comments:

  1. Your wee grand-poppet will love this quilt, made with love in every stitch! The animals and plants will provide hours of entertainment and fun. I love it! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppet's quilt is beautiful, so colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet quilt for your little grandkid, Kim. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt for your future grandchild! So sweet. That little one will be here in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is certainly a sweet quilt for a little one - I can tell you are excited at the prospect of being a grandma or whatever name you will be called.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little one will spend lots of time with the "I Spy" quilt. Sweet finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a very lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt! What a delight it will be to snuggle baby in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely poppets quilt with Teddy bear and his lovely poppets bow ;)
    Love your lampshade ! And all the sceneries :)
    Have a cozy week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Kim,
    I've always thought that Winter were the perfect season for sewing and stitching, so enjoy this period of the year and good work, with all your creativity and artistic talent I wonder what you're going to do before Summer comes back!
    Sending my biggest hug across the many miles
    X Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a sweet and lovely Wee Poppet quilt----you must be over the moon in anticipation for the event to come...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

  12. Gorgeous quilt for your new grandbaby, and cute Teddy too, he looks quite comfy with the quilt! Have a great week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful quilt with all the pretty prints, Kim! It's so neat that you could use the fabric with native Australian animals and flowers. I'm guessing that you're right - this little person is going to have lots of handmade things to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha quedado precioso y lo has disfrutado a lo grande.
    Este fin de semana ha sido importante para mí y lo voy a compartir contigo, el viernes día 2 mi hijo cumplió 40 años y el sábado día 3 mi nieta -la hija de mi hija- cumplió 8 años, lo celebramos en el campo donde vive mi hijo y tuvimos un regalo sorpresa por parte de mi hijo ¡¡están esperando un bebé!! así que estoy igual que tú pensando en algunas labores pequeñas, no demasiadas porque tenemos bastantes cosas guardadas de mi nieta que se pueden utilizar.
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing is too pretty for little Poppet, and your quilt is just gorgeous! Lovely prints, and I love the border too. Well done!
    Thank you for sharing your excitement and beautiful finish, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love an eye spy quilt and yours is really beautiful! And ready and waiting for a grandchild. Those months will fly by!sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is gorgeous and you've made it very quickly. Perfect with all the Australian flora and fauna. I can only imagine how excited you all are waiting now :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable quilt! Yay for a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kim
    Lovely quilt as always. Great to see teddy in his matching bow.
    Have a great week.
    Best wishes Kay c Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Kay. I hope you have a great week, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  20. Its a beautiful quilt Kim - and filled with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The quilt looks beautiful there are some lovely Australian fabrics out there at last theses days,no more babies for my children unfortunately so now to finish the vehicle quilt and panda quilt for two little boys.one waiting to be quilted the other fabric all collected but not started and then the two Christmas quilts for daughter and daughter in law all blocks have been embroidered now to put together,nothing as beautiful as yours though.love yours thanks for such beautiful photos Kim have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are many lovely Australian fabrics available now for quilters, Elizabeth. It's certainly changed from the old days where there were not a lot of fabrics with an Aussie theme and those that were on the shelves were rather underwhelming. All of Jocelyn Proust's designs are fun and whimsical and exploding with gorgeous colours. It sounds as if you are very busy with fashioning quilts for your family. I do love the sound of those embroidered blocks ready to be fashioned into a quilt. I can just imagine how lovely the quilt will be. Thank you for blessing my day with your beautiful visit and words. Have a lovely week, lovely Elizabeth. Kim Xx

      Delete
  22. Gorgeousness! Pretty diamonds and flowers - what could be better?!? I love the binding and backing fabric choices too! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh, it's so cute that I'd like to make one just like it!?! Okay, none of those fun Australian prints here! The colors and prints are just so dreamy and adorable! So happy for you, Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your little poppets quilt is beautiful. I'm sure you are eagerly awaiting the arrival of this previous grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you have as much fun staging your photo shoots as you do making your quilts. Oh what a lucky grandchild.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can just imagine the stories that could be told when one precious poppet and her oh-so-creative Nanna have a sleepover tucked in among the folds of this oh-my-goodness adorable quilt. Here's to many happy winter quilting adventures to you, dearest Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Mary! Yes, I imagine many an adventure-filled story will be enjoyed while my wee poppet and I enter the Land of Make Believe, while snuggling under this sweet quilt. So, so many fabulous fun times ahead for the "precious poppet and her Nanna". =) Kim Xx

      Delete
  27. Hi Kim, what a beautiful quilt! I'm sure that your new poppet will love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely, LOVELY & pretty, PRETTY! Really sweet :-) Beautiful fabrics, as always, and I do like the border and backing fabric very much too. It will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Maristella. It is a happy little quilt, isn't it?? Kim Xx

      Delete
  30. You have chosen such a lovely colour palette Kim- blues, aquas, pinks and apricots! That will surely become a treasured family heirloom. Your delightful photos really show it off so well! I trust you have added a label to the back so it's provenance, in years to come, can be traced back to you. I hope the sun is shining in Tassie today. It is in central Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my! How gorgeous! Your poppet is going to be so cozy! Isn't it fun? xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. My goodness... what a quilt.
    You are just great, dear Kim. You've created another piece... to cheer for.
    I'm happy for you and I'm happy about every one of your photos... and the teddy is very proud and happy, isn't it. A big hug to you from Viola
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Viola. Sending you a hug from my little place. Kim Xx

      Delete
  33. awwwww - such a sweet quilt and a coordinating bow for Teddy too. Lucky the wee one to be wrapped in such love.

    ReplyDelete
  34. A beautiful finish.
    I love the little lamp too.

    ReplyDelete