Sunday, February 5, 2023

Pie In The Sky♡

 


Good Morning, lovely lovelies♡ 'Tis early Sunday morning here at my little place. Sunday....the day where a little hand stitching is enjoyed topping it off by visiting Kathy's place much later this evening to join the slow hand stitching party♡ Slow hand stitching; one of my very favourite ways to enjoy many moments♡ I must confess I can sit for many, many hours in a comfy chair, cup of tea beside me and become unaware of time as I hand stitch a pretty. Oh, I get up every now and then to refill my pretty fine bone china teacup with Melbourne Breakfast tea. =)

What have I been up to this week?? Well.....I bought some lovely fabrics. I didn't mean to, but then I never do. I visited my favourite patchwork shop to purchase some glue pens for my hexies and a quilt marking pen so I could start to quilt Crazy Flowers. But upon crossing over the threshold of the shop my eyes immediately fell upon a shelf of Tilda new fabrics, Pie in The Sky. With names in the collection such as Willy Nilly Pink, Cloud Pie Grape, Confetti Pine etc etc, this collection causes me to think of fanciful notions, of dreams of fantastical pretties yet to be fashioned. Such fun names exuding whimsy. So often when skipping down the creative path what I imagine is 'willy nilly' and indeed 'pie in the sky' imaginations that, if I thought my ideas through, I perhaps would never begin; but of course, that is not how I roll. I am a live-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl when it comes to designing and stitching.  These fabrics are a sweet and colourful collection of doodle-like florals. They evoke a vintage vibe which is always so pleasing to me. So, so pretty. Love, these sweet, dimity prints. And....this collection blends fabulously with the Tilda Chic Escape fabrics which I purchased last year. Combining the two collections will make for some lovely quilts, me thinks.

Of course, there was the cutting of many flowers to arrange into vases. Roses, gladdies, sweet peas, hydrangeas and dahlias were the flowers which starred this week. I have to make the most of my flowers because  summer is hurrying by and soon all I will be gathering is autumn leaves. And, of course, a vase or two of flowers can all of a sudden put the extraordinary into the ordinary of ones day; don't you think??

The new prompt for my Down The Garden Path slow stitching project is a veggie garden. A great prompt, but alas, I haven't started mine as yet. There has been much contemplation of my belly button about what I will design and stitch. There a few thoughts, so hopefully this coming week I will begin planting carrots, beans, tomatoes and whatever other veggies fall upon the fertile soil.......but then I want to begin to quilt my Crazy Flowers quilt. Decisions.....decisions??!!

I have stitched a few more flower hexies for my hexie flower meadow quilt. Of course, with the accumulation of more fabrics, I will fashion a few hexies from these new Tilda pretties.

Oh....and I have spent quite a bit of my moments capturing happy snaps of my pretty new fabrics sashaying with vases of flowers and, believe it or not, a string of flowery lights. The floralicious pretties sprinkle a touch of pastel loveliness in my sewing room. So an explosion of colour to add to your day. After all, of late, I suppose for most of you it is white, white and then some that you are seeing. =)


Thank you for popping by this Sunday morning to see what pretties I have showcased today. Pretty flowers, pretty fabrics, pretty, flowery lights; and a pretty happy snap or two. Pretty, pretty, pretty......that's how I like it. =) Oh, how I love to sprinkle a little beauty.....a little pretty into my day♡ May your day be sprinkled with a little beauty, too♡ I'm off to my pretty sewing room, with my first cup of tea of the morning in hand, to watch the sleepy sun slowly rise, ricocheting warm and happy sunbeams everywhere.......and stitch a few hexies♡ Basking in the early morning sunshine in my sewing room, is the epitome of joy♡


This coming week, may your light shine brightly in your little corner of the world♡

Until the next time...........






29 comments:

  1. Gladdies and Rose's, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Tilda fabrics are so pretty! I was looking online at them yesterday, so tempting! The hexie flowers you are making are just gorgeous! So much beauty in your home and yes, it is very white and cold here. Thank you for the flower show today. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Oh, that's a lot of lovely! The fabric, the flowers . . . YUM! I saw that new Tilda fabric on Instagram. I love it! My neighbor gave me a packet of heart fabrics and I think I shall make a red and pink curtain. Oh, how I wish you lived by me, friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color, color y más color y más flores y telas bonitas.....
    Vives en un mundo de color, eres afortunada.
    Aquí estamos en pleno invierno, hace frío y las plantas están adormiladas, aunque compré cinco macetitas con bulbos de jacinto de cinco colores diferentes que han florecido y le dan un aroma maravilloso al cuarto donde hago la costura.
    Has comprado unas telas divinas, seguro que tu cabeza está diseñando una nueva labor maravillosa. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post Kim, full of colour and happiness. Your new fabrics are beautiful as are your vases of flowers. Enjoy stitching hexies in your wonderful sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such colourful ! Amazing post with beautiful fabrics and wonderful flowers. Here is summer and too much hot! Hugs and blessings dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can there ever be too much hot, Maristella? =) I am that gal who loves the summer heat. I am not looking forward to summer leaving my little place. Kim Xx

      Delete
  7. I just love gladiolus - they are such a pretty flower

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day to spend time in enjoying nature's beauty and working on such darling hexies. I can certainly see why you was tempted into acquiring new fabrics. Have a wonderful day, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fabrics are gorgeous - lovely to see them hanging like that and what possibilities. Your flowers look so gorgeous. Daffodil time here and always a favourite time for me. The supermarket has great boxes of them up from Cornwall. I love to watch the heads burst open on my windowledge and all that sunshiny yellow. Have a lovely week with your flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Tilda fabrics. Gorgeous flowers. Love the EPP rosetas and the flower lights.
    Have a nice week, Kim and thanks for showing us such beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kim how could you resist, your lovely space is awash with beautiful fabrics and beautiful flowers so much colour it quite lightens the heart. I can't wait to see what you fashion with those lovely fabrics. Yes I also enjoy sitting with a little stitching too, cup of tea or coffee at hand maybe a naughty little biscuit to nibble on what a pity that life interferes haha. Have a lovely peaceful Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy Irish Breakfast tea and English Breakfast tea. I need to discover Melbourne breakfast tea. I like mine in a mug though. China cups are too small for me, though I loved them as a kid. You bought a whole lot of pretty floral fabrics. The look great hanging together. I know you will make some fantastic quilts with them. Enjoy your warm weather and your stitching. It was 1 degree F here on Saturday. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hexie blocks are all lovely, that's going to be another gorgeous finished project when you get to that point. Enjoy designing your veggie garden this week. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you had to have those new fabrics .... perfect addition to your stash! I just bought a bunch of tulips to give me a boost from all that white outside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always look forward to stopping by your blog. Such a joyous place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those fabrics were just shouting at you to bring them home! They are sew very you! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Colorful...Beautiful...
    Have a lovely week in the middle of your flowers and fabrics ;)
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fabrics and flowers and hexies are all gorgeous. How I love reading your happy posts! Have a great week, I know you will have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do enjoy visiting your explosion of color.........so delightful and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The flowers and fabrics are such wonderful colors…..real eye candy. Your Down the Garden Path piece is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a pretty bunch of fabric - no wonder you couldn't resist it! They're just like your garden, and beautiful things made with those fabrics will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kim
    Such wonderful fabrics. Your hexagons are so vibrant, so looking forward to seeing another quilt. Your beautiful cut flowers are really lovely.
    Enjoy your lovely summer time.
    Best wishes Kay c XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay. Yes, these hexies are certainly going to make a vibrant and colourful quilt. I most certainly am enjoying these summer days. It is lovely and warm here at the moment. I don't want summer to end.....but I know it will. =) Kim Xx

      Delete
  23. Hi Kim, you always have such beautiful pictures. I am basking in your world of colour and flowers. Oh my goodness, what flowers! I am seeing a lot of white, and gray and finally the Sun is warming us up. I may leave the house today without a hat, scarf and mittens! As always, thanks for adding colour to our world!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Kim you sound like me going into a scrapbook store, LOL! You go in to get some supplies and then you see beautiful new papers and ephemera and you just can't help yourself, even though you have said NO buying of anymore :)
    The flowers go so pretty with your new fabrics and your hexies are looking fantastic, how fun to use those floral prints in them, so sweet! I keep saying so many things to do and just not enough time, but I am sure you will get to what you want to try, enjoy your week stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those new fabrics are so pretty. I can see why you couldn't resist them :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love those little hexies! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. One of the online shops I frequent was featuring that fabric line this week. I must admit I drooled but I didn't succumb. At least not yet! If one of the prints was perfect for our #2 daughter-in-love I would have ordered it for her fusion quilt but alas she's not into things that are too 'girlie'. I can certainly see why they would have to come home with you though.
    Hexies are on both our minds at the moment!

    ReplyDelete