Sunday, May 26, 2024

Granny Flowers♡



Hello, lovely lovelies♡ A sunny, Sunday morning welcome to you♡ Just hanging out here in the Fernery with all the happy plants and flowers smiling upon me; happily crocheting granny squares, yet again. =)  With swirls and twirls of green, purple and mauve wool twisting and tangling around me, my wee addiction to the humble granny square has filled my week.  But this time my granny squares have a happy flower blossoming in the centre.

I wanted to fashion another cardie and I really didn't want one with granny squares the same as I've done previously. I wanted a cardie with flowers blooming here and there. Mr Google was most helpful with my search for a flower granny square. He led me down many a beautiful path where pansies, dahlias, sunflowers, daffodils......so, so many pretty, woolly flowers, were waiting to be crocheted. Desiring a simple flower as my first attempt, I settled on a daisy; the sweet flower that breathes joy and cheerfulness into a day. And simple it is. There were a few daisy tutorials but I liked the look   of  'Adore Crea Crochet'  quick and easy daisy granny square. This sweet daisy is both pretty and quick to crochet.






I read somewhere that purple daisies mean you're thinking of someone, but also mean spontaneity, peace, unity, and fun. I love the language of flowers. My granny squares with purple daisies sitting in the centre are certainly fun.



As it's Sunday I'm going to enjoy a little crochet. More granny squares are needed, and I will continue joining these together in the join-as-you-go method. It's lovely and sunny here in the fernery. A little crochet; tea and cake. Such a fabulous way to spend a couple of hours.

As I sit here in my flowery fernery basking in the sunshine, and crocheting my happy little purple daisies, I shall think of you♡ From my little home to yours, sending you sunshiney thoughts and smiles ♡ Have a lovely day, lovely lovelies♡

Until the next time......


30 comments:

  1. Good morning , Kim. It is such a delight to visit you in your Fernery . Your flowers and plants are so beautiful including the gorgeous crocheted Flowering Granny Squares. I am so glad Mr. Google helped you in finding the perfect design for you next cardie. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple but oh so pretty little daisy design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim
    Such pretty squares. Crocheting with tea and cake. What could be better.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Best wishes Kay CXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Kay, I had the best day crocheting in the sunny Fernery with lots of tea and a piece of cake.... or two. I do agree with you that it doesn't get much better. Hoping you have a wonderful week, too, lovely lady. Kim Xx

      Delete
  4. I wish I could be there with you talking about crochet, books and flowers...
    Great colors you choose for your Granny future cardie !
    Have a shinny day in your lovely Fernery !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could be with me, too, lovely Anna, because you could show me how to crochet beautifully like you. Oh, and of course we would chat all things books and flowers. I had the best day in the Fernery. It was warm and sunny and I crocheted the day away. Pete came in every now and and we drank tea and ate cake. =) Have a beautiful Sunday, lovely lady. Kim Xx

      Delete
  5. Such lovely colours for your crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen granny squares with daisies in the middle. Perfect for a granny who loves flowers! Sounds like a wonderful way to while away a Sunday afternoon. How is your little granddaughter these days? Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, this granny definitely needs a cardie with flowery granny squares. =) My sweet Riley is doing wonderfully. It's hard to believe that in two months she'll be a year old! The time has certainly flown by!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, very pretty! Purple and green is such a lovely color combination. Hope you have several days of sunny weather to enjoy your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving those squares! Perfect colors, too. What fun! I always enjoy diving into your lush world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I love those daisy granny squares. The colors you chose are so pretty. I have crocheted a daisy square afghan for a friend's daughter and a rose square afhan for myself. I love all the granny square possibilites. Crocheting with a side of tea and cake sounds delightful. I think I have to go bake now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a piece of cake or two sounds just right to help you along with your crochet in your beautiful fernery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the granny squares with the purple flowers! Would love to spend time in your Fernery crocheting away! Have a great week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little purple daisies are so pretty with the green surround...nice work on these
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I visit your blog I feel warmth and happiness. Your beautiful and flower-filled garden, your projects. Beautiful flower quilts that are a natural part of the pictures. Your granny squares with daisies. So beautiful! Enjoy tea, cake and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your granny flower blocks are so sweet, Kim! That's a pretty color combination, and goes perfectly with your beautiful spot there. Have a lovely day of playing with yarn and crochet hook!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely place to sit and crochet, your flower blocks are beautiful with wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LJ here. It's great that you're working on another cardie/sweater. I love that you've added the daisy to the middle of each square. Of course, your photos are the very best. I always find a new something in them. The vase is superb, the plate splendid. I have several plates hand-painted by a Mrs. Greener. The one you showed isn't by her, is it? Surely looks a lot like her painting. It is gorgeous. I can't wait to see this cardie, too. Enjoy the fernery while you crochet away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tea, cake, crochet and flowers, what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... Your crochet is adorable! Charming vignettes. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely daisies blooming on your new project. All those pretties surrounding are such wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Qué bonitos granys Kim y la combinación de colores que has elegido me encanta. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, my mouth is watering with tea and home-baked cakes... and a beautiful piece of crochet work next to it.
    Heart, what do you want more.
    Have fun, dear Kim, with yarn, with tea and with cake.
    I look forward to seeing your work.
    Lots of love from Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Viola. There's always much fun to be had where there's tea, cake and yarn. =) Kim Xx

      Delete
  22. Oh your flowers are just beautiful, and do like the meaning behind the pretty purple you have their, I love that shade of green for the background too! I bet it was very nice in there with the pretty sun shinning in!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful squares with the purple daisies.
    What a great spot you have there, Kim.
    I love the beautiful vase.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a nice little setting for tea. Is that a sun room? I would love one of those. Your photos paint the picture of serenity, peace, and calm. It is what many of us long for. I suppose we have to create it in our own world in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooooh - I like the floral granny square so much more than 'regular multi-coloured' squares that involve way too much end-sewing-in's to suit me. You are going to have a wonderful sweater when you're done.
    Wish I could come and have tea in your cozy space and while away more than a few hours with our crochet hooks.

    ReplyDelete