Sunday, February 18, 2024

Knitting for my sweet Riley♡

 


Hello lovely lovelies♡ A beautiful, Sunday morning greeting to you♡

This week I've enjoyed a little knitting. A pretty jumper for my sweet Riley. A simple design dancing in colours of green and lilac. There have been many moments this past week where I have put my feet up, settled down in a comfy sofa and relaxed with the constant rhythmic clickety clack of knitting needles.....back and forth, back and forth.

The pattern is a Patons pattern with simple triangles dancing all over. I'm knitting in a soft 4 ply cotton yarn, Bellissimo Airlie in pretty shades of Lilac and Sea Foam. Love these soft, pretty shades together. Although the pattern is for wool, I decided on a cotton yarn as it's more suitable for the warm climate in which Riley lives.

So, as I was happily knitting along I realised I made a little boo boo way, way down near the beginning. Being a persnickety gal whose eye tends to always go to the aberration,  I unravelled lots and lots of loopy, curly yarn and started knitting again. So, so annoying to see all those stitches disappear into a tangled mess but it isn't long till stitches are picked up and I'm off and away again, immersing myself once more in the repetitive pattern.....relaxed by the rhythmic motion of my knitting needles.......but not too relaxed, as there will be another tangled, loopy mess of unravelled wool!










Pretty pink anemones for Granny, this week. =)

As it's Sunday I'm going to pick up my knitting needles and enjoy a little more knitting. I'm sitting in the fernery, with the sunshine filtering in as I knit, purl, knit, purl......with just my thoughts for company; thinking upon my sweet Riley. Just enjoying the rhythmic knitting and the quiet song of the morning......oh.....and a pot of tea......sip and knit.....knit and sip. Later this evening I will visit Kathy to have a bo-peep at what all the other lovely lovelies who enjoy a little slow stitching on a Sunday are working on. There is always oodles of fabulous inspiration being showcased there.  Have a pleasant Sunday, lovely lovelies♡ May you dance a little, sip a little tea and enjoy many smiles throughout your day♡

A pretty posy of sweet anemones for you♡

Until the next time.......


32 comments:

  1. Riley will have to model her new jumper in your garden with all of your anemones! I realize she probably lives too far away to do this, but perhaps there will be some pretty flowers where she lives for a photo shoot! Such a pretty pattern! Like you, I would find my eye drawn to the booboo! Happy knitting to you. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful knitting you are doing Kim, love the colours. Sorry you had a woops, but good you have finished a section. The pink anemones are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty knitting - I hate when I make a mistake and take very much out. I have trouble getting in a rhythm and staying in it. I'm just not real good at kniting

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors of the yarn are so pretty! She'll be a real cutie wearing the sweater, happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be so darling and how wonderful for this sweet little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bernideen. My sweet Riley will look darling in this pretty, knitted woolly. Kim Xx

      Delete
  6. Those colours are just perfect together Kim! And the pattern is lovely too! Good for you for 'frogging' back to the error! It doesn't matter if you are the only one who knew about the mistake, it's always worthwhile. And so satisfying to sit back and look at where the mistake once was but has now mercifully disappeared! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colours and the triangle design is very effective. Happy knitting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors you choose and lovely pattern Kim !
    Enjoying being a granny ;)
    I'm so happy for you...
    Have a sweet week !
    Hug
    Anna
    Love the embroidery in the back...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim
    Your knitting is so pretty. Love the colours. It’s horrid when you have to undo your work,
    Hope you have a great week.
    Best wishes
    Kay cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Kay, I'm getting proficient at this undoing of woolly pretties of late. =) Sometimes my muddly brain is a worry. Hope you have a great week, too. Thank you for stopping by. Kim Xx

      Delete
  10. That is a lovely pattern for your grand baby. I love the colours too. Enjoy your knitting today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours and lovely pattern, Riley is going to look so sweet in it when it's done Enjoy your Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You picked a lovely, summery color combo for Riley's jumper. Hope you enjoyed your day in the fernery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sweater will look so sweet on Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LJ here. Those 'sweet anemones' are again a flower I'm not familiar with though I have heard of them. They are just perfect for your gorgeous pictures since they are the perfect color. I, too, would love to join you as you sip and knit. Oh wait...perhaps it would be best if I just embroidered or sewed since knitting isn't my forte. The colors of your Riley jumper are wonderful and the pattern is amazing. Riley will be dressed to the "Nines" in that jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pink and green together is soooo pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really is the most adorable thing to have a koala on a knitting pattern! Maybe not so unexpected in your neck of the woods. I'm sorry you had all that annoying unknitting but it's looking very pretty and growing beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was going to say what pretty pink and green yarn you chose, but Lilac and Seafoam sound much better! That's a beautiful design, too. So sorry you had to rip out so much, but I totally get how seeing that mistake would bother you every time you looked at the finished jumper. Enjoy your knitting time, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cuando me equivocaba al tejer mii suegra me decía "HACER Y DESHACER TODO ES TEJER" y como dices rápidamente se hace el orden.
    Has elegido colores muy dulces, qué bonito. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soft pastels make for a lovely combination.I’m thinking cotton would be softer on Riley’s tender skin and practical for laundering. Enjoy knitting your sweet project!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ugh - I know how it is to undo work because it's not quite right. It looks soft, and such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty little jumper for your darling Riley.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful sweater you are making - love the soft colours! And what a challenging design with the triangles!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful sweater you are working on Kim. Gorgeous fiber colors. So sorry you had to unravel , but glad to hear you are back on track and enjoying this sweet project.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that is a very pretty pattern, I have not seen that one before and such pretty shade of green too! I did notice the lovely embroidery on the quilt in the background too! Such lovely flowers, so sweet.
    Enjoy another wonderful week of knitting for that precious grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful sweater pattern. I love the yarn colors that you chose. Enjoy your baby knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful knitting in dainty and perfect colors... Amazing post! Hugs and blessings. My father told my sons that he had daughters and son to be a Grandfather, the best thing in the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maristella, your father was so right when he said being a grandparent is the best thing in the world. I must say I'm loving being a Granny. Thank you for your sweet visit and lovely words. Kim Xx

      Delete
  27. These two colors harmonize beautifully and the pattern is simply wonderful.
    I hope you continue to enjoy your knitting. Yes :-)) It's so great to knit for your loved ones with this feeling of happiness... I love.
    A happy hug comes to you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilac and green do dance together harmoniously, don't they, Viola?? For some reason I kept making mistakes with this woolly....don't know why as it is such an easy pattern. One little knit stitch where a purl stitch should be and it all has to be unravelled. This little pretty is nearly finished.....thank goodness. =) Sending you a happy hug too, lovely Viola. Kim Xx

      Delete
  28. Wee Riley is going to look even more adorable in that gorgeous sweater. Truthfully I'd like a sweater in that design too!! I think my sweater-knitting days might just be over but I'm not ruling out just one more for our girlie grandie.

    ReplyDelete