Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Crochet Finish♡



Hello lovely lovelies♡ Another week filled with summer days, summer flowers, and a little crocheting; has sped by. Another week joying in every moment of the warmth of hot days of late summer♡  

I can sense a change in the light in the early mornings and late evenings. An ever so slight change; so slight that you can hardly notice, but I can sense it. The hydrangeas are beginning to morph into their late summer, early autumn beauty. The sweet peas have come to the end and the roses are beginning to fade as well. The cosmos and dahlias though,  are still flowering without any hint that autumn might be thinking about returning to my little place. So, I'll be happily snippity snipping pretty flowers for a little while longer.

This week I've been crocheting my pretty. I started the sleeves crocheting single rows in different colours; the same colours as in the front and back. As I crocheted along one sleeve and had finished fifteen or so rows I decided I didn't like the sleeve in all the colours. The sleeve together with the granny square front and back just looked too busy.....even for me. What??!! I am that gal who loves busy, busy, busy, but not this time. For this crochet pretty, less is definitely more. But.......you never heard those words escape from my lips. =)

So I decided to crochet the sleeves in the same pretty blue as the border dancing around the granny squares of the front and back. And I must say I'm loving this much better. Also, I decided to make shorter sleeves rather than longer ones. I will wear a skivvy or a blouse under my crochet pretty.

I ran out of the blue wool early in the week and until I could purchase some more, I thought I would attack all those messy, tangly ends and weave them all in. A tedious job but of course, needed to be done. With all the threads having been weaved in I slip stitched the seams together.

BUT.....after trying on my crochet pretty I didn't like the wide boat neck. It was just too wide so I decided to make the neckline smaller. I just wasn't happy with it. But, to make the neck smaller it meant I had to frog the sleeve, undo the slip stitched shoulder seams, frog the scalloped neckline and  unravel the shoulder tabs......AND.... re-crochet everything again! Oh dear, back to where I was last Saturday! Such a pain in the derriere!

So, Friday and Saturday I began to right the wrongs of my crochet pretty; crocheting along; one treble crochet, two treble crochet, three treble crochet......until all the interlocking little clusters were done and my crochet pretty was finished. Sigh (a very big sigh)....yes finished....at last!











Another crochet pretty finished. Another woolly pretty in readiness for the autumn and winter seasons. I finished crocheting the sleeves and joining the seams this morning. I  thought  about crocheting a scalloped edging around the hem.....I still might. I'm loving this crochet caper. I'm loving how quickly it is to finish crochet pretties.   I started this pretty in January and it is finished mid February. Pretty good, considering I kept unravelling as I crocheted along Such a lot of unravelling. =) Though, I might put down my crochet hook for a bit and get out my knitting needles and fashion a woolly for my sweet Riley. She's growing  and will be in need of some sweet woolly pretties for the cooler seasons. A cardie perhaps with a pretty pattern. I'm off to browse through some pattern books.

Enjoy your Sunday, lovely lovelies♡ May you delight in many moments that cause you to smile with thankfulness and gratefulness♡ I know I will♡ I'll see some of you lovely lovelies at Kathy's place later this evening♡

Until the next time......



34 comments:

  1. What a pretty sweater! How is your sweet little granddaughter doing? She must be growing a lot! When will you see her next? So many questions today! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful jumper, I am so glad you changed things about to get what you were happy with. Love all the flowers you have too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is just lovely Kim. I can just see it with a soft pink merino long sleeve underneath & possibly a jaunty scarf at your neck!! I am pleased to read your sweet peas have come to an end as mine have also & I wondered if it was early but probably not if yours have too. Wishing you a lovely week creating beauty dear Kim x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, dear Kim. What lovely fibers your are using to crochet your gorgeous sweater. Love the sleeves. I hope you enjoy your day . Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish Kim. The sleeves look perfect and being plainer makes the eye focus on the beautiful colours in the body. Lots of lovely colour to brighten my Sunday morning. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim
    Your jumper is lovely Kim. Really like the new neckline, it’s a lovely finish. Like also the sleeves in plain colour. you must be looking forward to wearing it but not to soon as you enjoy the rest of summer.
    Have a great week, look forward to seeing what you make for Riley.
    Best wishes Kay cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to wearing my new crochet pretty when the days get cooler, Kay. But as you say, I'd much prefer to enjoy the rest of the summer days for now. =) Have a fabulous week, lovely Kay. Kim Xx

      Delete
  7. That's the one nice thing about crafting your own clothes. You can get them to fit exactly the way you want. I do like the new neckline. And as always, your color sense is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater is so pretty. Of course little Riley needs a sweater made by her grammy. Enjoy your pattern browsing. I know you are enjoying your late summer garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sweater is beautiful! Perfect for autumn and spring. What is most awesome is you created it without a pattern! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sweater! Sorry you had to do all that rework, but the finished look was definitely worth all that effort. Enjoy the end of summer, we are waiting for the strat of spring, with potential snow in the forecast, that's definitely a few weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evidently patience is one of your virtues. However, all the unraveling and redesigning certainly paid off. The garment is lovely. A scalloped bottom edge would be lovely. Looking forward to your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Kim it is beautiful and you have so much patience frogging and redoing, but if it wasn't to your liking you would never have worn it. The neckline looks perfect and I think a scalloped edge would look nice too although it looks fine as it is. As you say crochet works up very quickly that's why I love it so much. Enjoy searching through your patterns and have a peaceful Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finish, Kim!!! Good job, keeping at it until you got it just right! Love your jar of yarn, too--same colors as your flowers! Now to see what you make for Riley! Have you ever made a baby surprise jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always a pleasure to jump down the rabbit hole and enter the beautiful world of flowers and your creative imagination and work! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jumping down the rabbit hole is always such fun, and filled with joyous delight, lovely Maggie. So, so happy you love to jump down with me. =) Kim Xx

      Delete
  15. What a beautiful crocheted sweater, Kim; love those colors and the all-blue sleeves are just perfect!! Beautiful work;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so lovely! It was a pain to you at times, but in the end ..... a lovely jumper to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow you finished already - you are fast - as someone else said I love that neckline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect Kim !
    The 70's are back :) with style ;)
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful sweater, love it. I do like the plain sleeves though. I must say you have gotten me wanting to crochet again. I can't wait to see what you come up with for Riley! Hope you have a great week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great finish Kim! Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That turned out beautifully in spite of all the unraveling and redoing you had to do along the way! Such pretty colors, Kim. Enjoy those beautiful flowers while they last, and some knitting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha resultado muy bonito después de haber tenido tantos contratiempos, ahora toca contemplarlo y disfrutarlo. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LJ here. Lovely, lovely pretty. I am dumbfounded that you can create such lovelies without a pattern and they look fabulous when you're finished! Astounding is what I say. Geez, even with all that frogging, you still managed to make something down-right amazing. I'm sure Riley will enjoy anything that Nana makes for her. We had two snows in a week's time that equaled between 20 and 24 inches. Now we've had such warm temps lately that there's hardly any snow left and some days it seems like it might be Spring! Not to worry, I've lived in Iowa most of my life and I KNOW that there's more Winter to come. Have a wonderful week, Kim. You always have a new plan that will become fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the crocheted top and the neckline is pretty. I have noticed the change is light here as the days grow longer and we move closer to Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi lovely Kim, what a great crocheted top - you were right about the sleeves, they are better not busy and short. Enjoy wearing it! Our days are also slowly changing - they are lasting longer :-) We are having an unusually warm winter but no one seems to mind. The birds are already making their nests, so Spring will probably be here early. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is pretty, Kim. It will brighten up your Autumn with those lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my all that taking out but you might as well make it they way you want it or you will end up not wearing it. It turned out terrific, like how the sleeves are finished off too!
    WE too are seeing some hints of spring, getting pretty excited, although there has been snow around us we have not had it which has been nice.
    Hope the start to your week has been a good one and keep enjoying those lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kim - a gorgeous finish! I chuckled at your comment about "less is more" - never thought I would read that from you! And I think the plain sleeves and neckline are the perfect complement to the granny square - especially when modeled with those lovely vases of fresh flowers. The only thing that could have been better would have been to see it on you! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kim.. a perfect pretty!
    Oh the dreaded frog caper, but it certainly worked out well.
    Glorious flowers. I love your lamp shades too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. For all your frustrations and extra work, you have a beautiful garment. Every time you look at it and wear it you will feel fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, I'm glad I perservered with this crochet pretty as it is lovely to wear. Thank you for your sweet visit. Kim Xx

      Delete
  31. You will get a lot of wear out of your new pretty. I'm noticing granny squares appearing more and more around the internet lately so you're right on trend.

    ReplyDelete