Sunday, January 21, 2024

Diamond-ing And Crocheting Along♡

 


Hello lovely lovelies♡ 'Tis Sunday morning here at my little summery place. Just sitting here in the fernery enjoying a cup of tea, looking out the windows to the garden beyond. The sun is playing hide and seek with the clouds. 'Tis lovely and warm, and cheery in my little glass room.

So, what pretties have I been whiling away my days with this week?? Some more triangles dancing with diamonds were stitched. These are all made now excepting two half triangles which will be stitched to both ends of the last row. Just two more rows to be made then this part of the Into The Woods will be done. Then I have to decide upon what to do for the border. 

I was in the mood for a little crocheting so I started a new jumper. I had so much fun fashioning my granny square cardie last year that I thought I would enjoy some more crocheting. Another granny square pretty but this time instead of a plethora of little granny squares, I thought I would crochet one big granny square with a myriad of colours for the back and front, with the sleeves being rows of double crochet, again in many colours. Once again, making it up as I go. It should be simple with perhaps the only thing that I need to work out is the neckline. Whatever did we creatives do before YouTube?? Tutorial after tutorial is always only a finger click away. Another thing too, is that my jumper needs to be wider than longer, so I cannot, to my heart's content, do-si-do around and around the granny square.  Such a shame I don't have the perfect body shape. Where oh where did that tall, willowy slip of a young girl go??!! =) So, I'm supposing my granny square will have a border of one colour wool.......more on the sides than the length. But then, I might happen upon another way of resolving my problem. I suppose I'll figure it out. Fingers crossed! Hopefully I will experience a light bulb moment and my muddly brain will see the light! Of course, any of you who are well seasoned crocheters, if you can set me on the straight and narrow crocheting path with any advice, it would be much appreciated.

The wool is a beautiful soft, Italian 8ply wool; Sesia Nordica 100% virgin wool, in gorgeous colours. I had a difficult time choosing shades as there are so many lovely colours. It was more expensive than the Australian wool I normally buy, but then, everything that is imported into Australia these days is a tad pricey.



















Later this evening I'm going to join the slow stitching ladies over at Kathy's place and enjoy a little granny square crocheting. A relaxing Sunday evening with crochet and beautiful soft wool dancing round and round a granny square.  Enjoy your Sunday lovely lovelies♡ Have a lovely day♡


Until the next time ......




34 comments:

  1. A granny square sweater for Riley's grandma! Excellent idea and such pretty colours you have chosen. Snowy and cold here this week. I just shovelled today's snowfall off of the driveway--4 inches of light and fluffy snow--not hard to shovel at all. So exciting to be near the finish line on the new quilt top. Have a wonderful week.
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your sweater! Have a pleasant day with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday evening, Your crochet is beautiful , love the colours and your quilt is stunning, so many happy flowery triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have chosen some gorgeous colours for your crochet. I can't see a way around your dilemma but then I am not a crochet pattern designer! However, if your do add extra rows on at the sides I would suggest darker colours which would 'disappear' and have a slimming effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, lovely Lin. =) I've been crocheting a dark blue border on the sides this afternoon. Hopefully it will look okay. Thank you for your sweet visit and kind words. Have a great week. Kim Xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Kim
    Such pretty colourful photos, they brighten up this dark dull morning.
    Good luck with your crochet jumper, such lovely colours. Can’t wait to see it finished.
    Best wishes Kay cXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to brighten your dark and dull winter's morning with bright and happy, summery colour, lovely Kay. I can't wait to see my crochet pretty finished, too. Fingers crossed it will all come together. =) Have a beautiful week. Keep warm! Kim Xx

      Delete
  6. Busy Kim !
    With diamond, triangles and crochet !
    Love the colors you choose ! And the pictures you take !
    Have a fun week with your crafts !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lovely photos always brighten my day, so colourful and filled with yummy yarn and fabrics. I love the colours you have chosen for your sweater, I have made many a sweater for myself but I have never liked the finish, or I have until I've tried it on and though it makes me look huge haha, in fact I have one in a basket upstairs which I have started to frog, I will use the yarn for something else. Making one large granny square will restrict you somewhat but it should be easy enough to add panels at the sides, I know you will find a way Kim and I can't wait to see what you come up with and like you say youtube is amazing. Have a great week ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wools look wonderfully luxurious and you've chosen a gorgeous selection of colours. I enjoyed seeing all your beautiful photos. We are waiting for a storm and it's a tad bleak up here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous and rich colors in both the diamonds and the yarn! Happy slow stitching this week, you've definitely got some pretties to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos of lovely colors: wools and fabrics...nice works in progress
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  11. such lovely colors of fabric, yarn and flowers - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The diamonds are beautiful and I LOVE the colors in your granny square crochet project. So beautiful together. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors in your granny squares. I am enjoying your summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your crochet project has such pretty color, Kim! You really have a knack for combining those lovely colors, both with yarn and fabric. Have a wonderful slow stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cool summer colors to crochet with. Who doesn’t love granny squares. The yarn looks exquisite, I shall have to check it out. All yarn has increased in price unfortunately. Balls of yarn in a pretty glass bowl with your floral diamonds makes for a gorgeous display!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flower fabrics and soft yarns make me long for summer. I love the idea of a granny square top and I’m looking forward to see how it turns out. I wouldn’t know where to start! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh necesitaba leerte y ver todos los hermosos colores que siempre hay en tus publicaciones.
    Para solucionar el tamaño del jersey puedes tejer las mangas formando líneas de colores, rayas horizontales y en los laterales del cuerpo hacer las mismas rayas horizontales que en las mangas y en el mismo orden. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your lovely pastel colours remind me of an icecream flavour with lollies in it for some reason Kim. Just beautiful! 💙💜💗
    One of the things I had written myself for this year was to learn to crochet. However I must be honest & admit I wrote it for last year too!!!! Wishing you a wonderful week dear Kim - its turned very hot here - the wilting kind of hot!! x0x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely colors! Looking at your photos is like taking a breath of warm fresh scented garden air. So peaceful. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your sweet welcome back, Kim. I love your crocheting - my sister has always loved to make the granny squares and became so talented at it - I keep telling myself I have to learn that! Maybe this year? So lovely to hear from you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a delightful array of summery sorbet colours. You always use such lovely prints in your projects and the crochet is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the riot of colours you are working with, so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Maristella. Kim Xx

      Delete
  24. Such pretty flowers, IRL and in your quilt blocks, Kim!!! And love the floral colors of your wool, as well!!! Weren't we all willowy wisps in our youth?! Your new jumper projects is so good--self designed even! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I do love the colors you are using, I can't imagine doing all that without a pattern, you are so creative when it comes to that, look forward to seeing the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't help with advice but I can admire your lovely yarns and colors sitting in your garden of your crocheted piece. I have made a granny square piece but it was tiny and I wouldn't be able to make it again without further instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelina, for some reason your comment didn't come through my emails so may I thank you here for your lovely visit and sweet words. You will be surprised how easily making a granny square will come back to you. =) Kim Xx

      Delete
  27. Just beautiful.🙋🏼‍♀️💕

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seeing your question about a granny square cardigan sent me off to search for the pattern of something I'd just seen and here it is (don't know if it will help!)...ask Mr. Google to find the 'Horizon Cardigan' from Hobbii.com. It's a free pattern so perhaps it might help with your design questions. If you can't locate it, let me know and I'll send you a direct link. As a matter of fact here it is.... https://hobbii.com/horizon-cardigan I think you can cut and paste that and get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LJ again. Your jumper will be adorable. Your tension is exquisite which is usually the difficult part for beginners. Grannys always replace "tall, willowy slip of a young girl" except for me who was NEVER tall or willowy!! HaHa. Did you get the dimensions figured out? You'll do it...

    ReplyDelete