Sunday, October 13, 2024

A Simple Life Is A Beautiful Life♡



A beautiful Good Morning to you, lovely lovelies ♡ 'Tis late Sunday morning here at my little place. Just sitting here in the Fernery enjoying a little hand quilting of Crazy Flowers and a cup of tea; of course. 

Lady Spring has settled in beautifully. The garden is bursting  with bluebells, rhododendrons and azaleas. Azure blue skies above, and carpets of forget-me-nots at my feet. A world of colour and delicious scents thrilling my soul. 



Ahh......a simple life♡ It is what I aspire to in these complex and troubling times. Days with moment after moment enjoying simple pleasures. Moments of contentment. Moments of simplicity. Moments of peace...stillness...reflecting upon my walk with God. Moments of chubby-arm hugs from my precious grandbaby...a chat with my girls....a crinkled smile from my Pete. Moments where tea is enjoyed in a pretty teacup. Treasured moments spent with a friend. Moment after moment relaxing with an unputdownable book journeying emotively through page after page in anticipation of the final reveal at book's end.  Many, many moments where playing with fabric and thread is enjoyed. Moments strolling in a garden, listening to birdsong, drinking in the colours, the textures, the scents; and picking many a flower for many a pretty vase, and capturing the beauty in a happy snap. Oh....I could go on and on and on about all the simple and beautiful things that sprinkle joy into my day. And, as I sit here in the quiet solitude of the Fernery, I'm savoring these beautiful moments....grabbing the simple moments with both hands before they pass me by.











Now.....to all things Slow Stitching. All the hand quilted stitches do-si-doing around and around the Crazy Flowers have been finished. Now to quilt the crazy patchwork border. I'm just quilting around the perimeter of each crazy shape. As the crazy flowers section is densely quilted I wanted a softer look for the border. Besides, it will be quicker to stitch, and I must admit with this pretty being my third hand quilted quilt in four months or so, I'm a little over hand quilting quilts.....just a tad.


A lovely, sunny Sunday to luxuriate in the joyous and simple things of life♡ A little hand stitching. A little stroll in the garden to see what flowers are beginning to unfurl. And of course another cup of tea. A simple life filled with simple joys truly equates a beautiful life♡ Have a lovely day, lovely lovelies♡ May you enjoy some simple pleasures this Sunday♡

Until the next time......



15 comments:

  1. Lovely post Kim and your day sounds perfect! Enjoy your gorgeous garden and all its scented glory. Your quilts are beautiful, the quilting looks amazing, well worth the time it has taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spring flowers - and photographs. Thank you for filling my cold grey morning with a bit of sunshine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post full of colors (flowers and quilts) !
    Simple life is a treat...And in your garden...paradise ;)
    Have a shinny week Kim !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are revelling in the glories or spring! We are sliding into Fall. Enjoy your tea and quilting! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing to enjoy a "simple life"!! I think your lavender lovelies are so beautiful...sounds like you are really enjoying your Springtime days, Kim. As my Grand-mere used to say: "Enjoy it while you can" ;))) life flies by so quickly for us all...
    We here are seeing our trees put on their last "glory" before Winter blows in...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a pretty quilt you have hanging behind the flowers - such pretty colors. YOu do have an eye for matching up flowers and quilts. Your spring is starting and we are moving into fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always with your posts, I feel like I have just visited your garden and sunroom. Thank you for taking us on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post Kim, and as always love seeing your beautiful pictures and flowers, and quilts! We are also slowly sliding into Fall, but I will treasure the lower temperatures at long last. Have a great week Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello lovely lovely quilt mistress Kim! Wow! Everything you do is exquisite! I adore your pinkness! I hope lots of flowers unfurl today! love love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many simple, but beautiful things to enjoy! I'll add your post to my list of things that bring me joy today. What are those pretty purple flowers, Kim? I can practically smell them through my screen! 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  11. LJ here. Hi, Kim. Simple is a goal worth seeking though I always make things more complicated rather than simple. (Sigh) Tell me about the lovely placemat you showed in the first picture. Oh, I love the embroidered work. And that 3-D teacup is to die for. Did you make it or purchase it on one of your outings? Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods and such lovelies you have to show us. So many grand flowers and vases, too. The texture in your "Crazy Flowers" is marvelous so I'm sure you're ready for a small break in the border. Thank you for sharing your quilts, your thoughts, your flowers, your pictures; they are ALL so appreciated. bulltulip69 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers in abundance, beautiful words from you as always, and some more of your lovely work to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vida sencilla en la que no falten las flores y la costura, no se puede pedir más....
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I cannot ask for much more, dear Pili. Kim Xx

      Delete
  14. How lovely, Kim. The flowers are so beautiful and your quilts are gorgeous. I just love the way you are quilting Crazy Flowers. Enjoy your spring day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete