Sunday, November 20, 2022

Of Springtime And Walks in a Garden♡





Hello lovely lovelies♡ A lovely Sunday afternoon welcome to you♡ Bright and happy sunshine beaming upon me, and all is lovely. Just sitting here in the fernery content with my little world. With cup of tea in hand and all the flower pots smiling upon me, I am thankful for all those plentiful joys which spill over from my proverbial teacup. I am a bit tired though, as yesterday found My Pete, my beautiful friend, Trish, and I wandering through open gardens which participated in the annual "Longford Blooms"♡

All day meandering through gardens where Lady Spring has pulled out all the stops, was delightful; enchanting♡ Wandering along flower-lined paths, drinking in the glorious colours, textures and intoxicating scents of the flowers, was bliss. I wandered around as if in a most beautiful dream. Gardens flourishing with rose after rose, lupins, poppies, sweet peas, clematis, granny bonnets, honeysuckles, lavender, foxgloves, granny bonnets, peonies, love-in-the-mist; and so many more happy flowers♡ All dancing together in a happy troupe, in a most glorious show. Swathe after swathe of roses hugging arbors. Trails of  climbing roses welcoming those who enter front doors of sweet, century old cottages; kissing all on the cheek as they step over the threshold. Pretty lace-lined windows peeking out, hidden behind exquisite gardens. Oh, the sweet little cottages with the homely, little windows.....be still my beating heart♡ There was even a dovecote complete with plump, white doves whose cooing songs delighted all who cared to listen♡ Oh, and then there were the trees. Glorious, ancient, verdant trees with long, gnarly limbs reaching high into the sky♡ A splendid day overflowing with a potpourri of gorgeousness thrilling all the senses♡

Of course, some lovely roses came home with me to live in our rose garden. =) Forget Me Not, Mary Rose, Cabelle, Wollerton Old Hall, Crown Princess; all sprinkling sweet scents everywhere♡












I have enjoyed a little embroidery this lovely Sunday. Deciding to fashion another garment, I am embroidering the bodice of another dress, or will it be a blouse....I haven't quite made up my mind?? I am using the same Style Arc pattern as the dresses I have fashioned of late, but this time I thought I might embroider flowers on the bodice. Just simple flowers; nothing complicated.....lazy daisy stitch, back stitch, french knots, long stitch........whatever other simple stitches come to mind. I will sketch each flower and leaf as I go along. You know me........nothing planned. =) I purchased a pretty floral fabric for the sleeves and skirt, and a gingham for the bodice. I have no idea as to how the embroidered bodice will look but I must say I am enjoying playing with my muddly mess of embroidered threads once again.




So, I will sit here in the fernery for a little while longer, embroider a few more flowers and think upon the joys and beauty which embrace me; for there are many♡ But first I must sketch some flowers onto the gingham to stitch. =) This evening, I might embroider a few stitches and join the other band of lovely hand stitchers, over at Kathy's place. I will be absent for a couple of weeks (yet again).....as next week, I will be enjoying a little time away with my daughter. A mother and daughter little escapade.....how fun♡ Hoping you enjoy a lovely Sunday and may this week smile upon you, blessing you with sprinkles of beauty and joy♡

Until the next time...........



39 comments:

  1. Such beautiful gardens you visited. The roses are amazing. I an understand why some came home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have your blog back, certainly cheers up a rainy Sunday.
    Photos are so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful time away.
    Best wishes Kay c xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Kay. It is lovely to be back. So, so happy to add a little cheer into your rainy Sunday. Kim Xx

      Delete
  3. The flowers are so lovely and green grass! I could imagine myself walking barefoot in the grass. We've got 6" of snow here and it's COLD outside! Have a wonderful getaway with your daughter, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous garden ! Lovely pictures !
    It0s raining every day here and we have to use the stove to bring some warm in the house...
    Lovely embroidery ! Keep going...
    Have a springly week ;)
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics you picked for your garment. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day of slow stitching. Enjoy the time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like visiting your blog at this time of year…cold and windy and snow in the air here, so your blog is like a warm breeze! Lovely flowers on the garden tour…lots of inspiration for you and Pete. I’m not surprised that a few plants came home with you.
    Have a wonderful getaway with your daughter!
    Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it wonderful to see your beautiful spring... the colorful flowers, beautiful houses and the fountain...
    I am in love...
    we haven't had such a fantastic autumn in a long time, but today it's snowing and winter is here. I took a long walk in the brightest sunshine with my husband... thick jackets, hat, scarf and gloves... but I have to say I also like the white and blue of winter.
    Have fun with your beautiful flower embroidery... I'm very excited - something very nice will develop, yes, I know that :-)))
    I wish you and your daughter a wonderful time together... Mother daughter tour is so amazing.
    Kind regards from Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue skies and white snow for you, Viola, and a myriad of springtime colour for me. Your walks with your husband do sound rather lovely. I cannot wait to enjoy a few days away with my daughter. It will be wonderful. Thank you for your beautiful visit, lovely Viola. Have a lovely week. Kim Xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for those pretty garden photos. I love all the seasons, but we are heading toward winter and I miss seeing the flowers on my deck. I like stitching on gingham. That flower is very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing more of them. Enjoy your trip with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pleasure to see flowers blooming! Have a lovely time away with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your blog which brings back flowers in my world. I miss you when you don't for you blend flowers, growing and fabric in very inspiring ways. Your ideas are unique and I thank you very much. from snowy and stormy Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful to read your beautiful words today; thank you so much. So happy to beam photos of my little world up to you in snowy Canada. I must say it does sound freezing there. Thank you for the gift of your sweet visit. Kim Xx

      Delete
  11. what beautiful gardens--I especially love (envy!!) those roses--just gorgeous...
    Have fun with your stitching...hugs, Julierose (30 degrees F this morning with a cold westerly wind--indoors for this gal !!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, I’m so happy you are enjoying glorious flowers, happy stitching time and memorable adventures with you daughter! Keep us posted, as you can. Your visits really brighten our day. ❤️ 🌸 🪡 👩‍👧

    ReplyDelete
  13. If money were no object, I would hop on a plane and come to meet you this very day! What a refreshing walk through the garden with you! I will come back to visit again and again - for like Gretchen, we are beginning the c-c-c-cold seasons here (Ohio) and bracing for a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what inspiration from the garden!!! such a delicious plate of threads, love the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue for your lovely visit and sweet words. I must say, when I visited your lovely place, I was fascinated with the wool applique you are working on. Those flowers are exquisite. Kim Xx

      Delete
  15. My dear artist,
    Your garden is far precios, gorgeus, heartwarming, thank you for sharing such a Beauty!
    Have a blessed remainder of your Sunday and new week ahead
    Dany at ~ My little old world ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Dany. May you, too, enjoy a blessed week, in your beautiful little part of the world. Kim Xx

      Delete
  16. You have the most amazing garden, Kim! So fun to see all the blooms. And the pretty floral for your blouse fits right in. Have a wonderful mother-daughter trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can almost smell those beautiful roses as I sit here 6" of snow outside and a blustery wind blowing and leaving a chill in the air. Have fun visiting your daughter, but don't stay away so long this time.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a perfect day for you, beloved hubby and dearest friend wandering around that garden. Exclaiming, admiring, enjoying the sights, perfumes and delights as you walked slowly around. No doubt you were wearing one of your new floaty dresses too?

    ReplyDelete
  19. These roses and flowers are wonderful, and the garden too. Enjoy visiting time with your daughter! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Qué maravillosas flores, habrás disfrutado mucho .
    Tu bordado quedará estupendo con la tela de cuadritos y la combinación con flores perfecta.
    Encantada de leerte ora vez y te deseo que disfrutes cada segundo de la compañía de tu hija. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooooooo spring loveliness.... the holyhocks caught my eye but all pics are so so pretty Kim. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeeAnna. The hollyhocks were spectacular. Their tall, colourful spires of flowers caught my eye, too. Kim Xx

      Delete
  22. What a lovely way to spend a day. Beautiful gardens. Nice to see pretty embroidery making a garment special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Kim you have such a way with words that I wouldn't even need to see the pictures and I would be able to imagine it all, but I will have to say the pictures are just beautiful, especially as I sit here with everything dying outside my door. We have already seen 6 inches of snow here so far. Your embroidery looks so lovely, can't wait to see your finished product. I wish you the most wonderful time with your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful photos - ohhhh the roses!
    And you "muddly mess of embroidered threads" looks like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kim, thanks so much for sharing your spring photos with us! It's hard to believe that there isn't any snow - we just got our first and second snowfall. It's all rather pretty but will probably melt, especially if the rain they are promising happens. Since I still have one plant to add to the garden before the real frost, I do hope that it warms up a little bit. Enjoy your trip with your daughter. Those are my favourite kinds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning pictures! Just breathtaking... Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello sweet Kim! Wow! I love your flowers because we don't have any now. Your embroidery is lovely! All the pink here makes me happy! God bless you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many pretty flowers! I look forward to see how your embroidery project will go.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, so lovely to come here and warm myself in your lovely flower pictures and all that sunshine, on a cold and wet day here .Looking forward to see your embroidery finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kim - I have been absent myself, on a trip to Ohio to visit our daughter! The original purpose of the trip was wedding dress shopping for her, and mother of the bride dress shopping for me. Oh, how fun it was! Successful on both counts.

    Anyway, catching up on blogs and was delighted to revel in the glory of this garden you visited. Spectacular in every way. And the light - we are in such darkness now ... And did I spy Pete gathering ideas for the home garden?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those gardens are incredible!! But IMHO what your Pete has fashioned in your own garden is just as lovely. It's no wonder you've been inspired to add flower embroidery to your new garment! Seeing all those marvelous roses reminded me of seeing the incredible hedges of roses (taller than my 5'9") in England. I've never seen anything like it here in Canada and I still remember the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful gardens. I like the idea of embroidering on a dress. Might do that myself one day! xx

    ReplyDelete